The UNCCD will be holding its 15th Conference of Parties (COP 15) in May 2022, hosted by Cote d’Ivoire. The COP15 theme, ‘Land. Life. Legacy: From scarcity to prosperity’, is a call to action to ensure land, the lifeline on this planet, continues to benefit present and future generations.
UNCCD 2022 Call for Submissions: Images of Women-led Solutions to Desertification
COP15 will bring together leaders from governments, the private sector, civil society and other key stakeholders from around the world to drive progress in the future sustainable management of one of our most precious commodities: land.
The UNCCD emphasizes that both men and women must be active participants at all levels in programs to combat desertification and mitigate the effects of drought. Resolving gender inequalities is not only a matter of “righting a wrong” but also a significant opportunity to make use of women’s often under-recognized abilities, knowledge, talents, and leadership.
You may be interested in-The JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 for African women Entrepreneurs
– Raise the visibility of the Convention and the land agenda in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals
– Showcase success in the Convention’s implementation and bring the views and perspectives of the beneficiaries
of the Convention’s work.
– Support advocacy objectives on key issues on the COP agenda on drought, gender.
– Leveraging existing and engaging new stakeholders, especially youth, women and girls, and communities
affected by desertification, land degradation and drought.
You may also like-ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions 2022 for young women
– Photos and the supporting narrative should be sent by 18th April 2022 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Submissions can be made in English, French, or Spanish, and the Secretariat may follow up to gather further information on each submission.
– Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 18th 2022
Note-You can find the application form on the right, under “Documents.”
For More Information:
If this article was helpful in your application process, substitute our website to receive more updates. Subscribe with your email. Subscription is fee.
You can also find us on our