This is to inform young women that the ITU generations connect Gender Champions portal is open and applicants are invited. For more Information, see below.
ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions 2022 for young women from Developing Countries (Fully Funded to Kigali, Rwanda)
ITU is organizing a global competition to select the first group of “Generation Connect Gender Champions.” The competition, funded by the Government of Canada, will select twelve (12) outstanding young women (ages 18-24) from developing countries (2 from each ITU region).
This competition is part of the preparatory process for the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit, to be organized by ITU in Kigali, Rwanda from June 2-4, 2022. The Summit is the overarching initiative of the ITU Youth Strategy on the journey to the World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC), to be held from 6 to 16 June, also in Kigali.
Generation Connect aims to engage global youth and encourage their participation as equal partners alongside the leaders of today’s digital change, empowering young people with the skills and opportunities to advance their vision of a connected future.
You may like-ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2022
- Open to young women aged 18 to 24, from developing countries 
- Applicantsmust be willing and able to attend the Generation Connect Global Youth Summit in Kigali, Rwanda from 2-4 June, 2022.
- Applicants must have intermediate to strong English fluency.
NOTE: Of the 12 candidates, 2 will be selected from each ITU Region.
The ITU Regions are: Africa, Americas, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Commonwealth of Independent States, and Europe.
- The results of this consultation will inform the development and hosting of a session for other young delegates and global policymakers at the Summit.
- After the Summit, there will be a second, action-oriented consultation process to co-create plans to empower young women and girls to meaningfully engage with ICTs and STEM. Thus, the Gender Champions will contribute to a shared goal of gender equality.
- Note that the expected commitment for these activities will be approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- 30% for Experience: To what degree has the submission demonstrated meaningful experience and engagement in STEM and ICT-related social causes?
- 25% for Motivation: To what extent has the submission demonstrated a clear motivation to serve under-represented groups?
- 25% for Communication: To what extend does the submission pitch engaging and meaningful ideas?
- 20% Creativity: To what extent does the submission leverage creative mediums and/or approaches to bridging the gender digital divide?
Application Deadline: April 5th, 2022
How to Apply
Click Here- Application – Generaction Connect Gender Champions
For More Information,
Visit the Official Webpage of the ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions 2022
We hope you found this article helpful in your application process.
Please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on
The Africa Business Heroes Competition 2022 for young African Entrepreneurs
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Junior Professionals Program 2022 for West African Women
Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) Social Impact Fellowship 2022 for Social Entrepreneurs
Leave a Comment