You are invited to apply for the four-week virtual exchange for high school students and adult mentors. Check eligibility and see if you are eligible, also see more details on how to apply below.
US Dept of State Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program 2022 for high school students and adult mentors.
The primary program themes are civic education, community service, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership development. Through a virtual platform, participants will directly engage with U.S. host communities to take part in leadership and civic education workshops, visit U.S. community organizations, explore project planning and development, and participate in cultural and community-building activities. The program will bring participants together virtually for live synchronous sessions two days a week. Participants will complete asynchronous content and activities independently in between synchronous sessions. Assistance with internet access and devices required to participate in the program is available.
Eligibility requirements for Student Applicants:
- Be a citizen or legal resident living in Namibia (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship will not be considered)
- Be between 15 and 18 years old on the start date of the exchange;
- Have proficiency in English;
- Demonstrate good academic performance, an interest in community service and volunteer activities, leadership potential, good communication, and a positive attitude;
- Work cooperatively in a team setting and appreciate the opinions of others; and
- Have permission from parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to participate in the program.
Check this out-Toyota Ventures 2022 Call for Innovators
Eligibility requirements Adult Mentor Applicants:
- Be a citizen or legal resident living in Namibia (applicants with dual U.S. citizenship are not eligible for PAYLP);
- Be teachers, trainers, and/or community leaders who work with youth and have a demonstrated interest in assisting youth to become productive and responsible members of society;
- Have proficiency in English.
- Demonstrate positive leadership and service, and exhibit a high level of open-mindedness, flexibility, and interpersonal skills;
- Work cooperatively in a team setting and appreciate the opinions of others;
- Willing to take on the dual role of mentor as well as exchange participant; and
- Commit to the continued mentorship of the youth participants for follow-on activities.
Sample Application forms: –
- PAYLP Youth/Student Application Form Application: https://www.civic264.org.na/images/pdf/2022/3/PAYLP_English_Application_-_YOUTH_Sample.docx
- PAYLP Adult Mentor Application Form Application: https://www.civic264.org.na/images/pdf/2022/3/PAYLP_English_Application_-_YOUTH_Sample.docx
Please email completed applications to Mr George M Beukes at by 5 April 2022 (- latest by 11 April 2022).
For More Information, Visit the Official Webpage of the Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program
Subscribe to our website via your email to receive more Job UPDATES and others. Subscribe using your email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our