Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme
The Chevening Secretariat and BBC World Service Group are pleased to invite applications for the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme, commencing in September 2022.
- Up to 10 placements are available to current Chevening Scholars studying relevant degree programmes in the UK.
- Due to the nature of the professional placement, applicants must also demonstrate that they have at least two years’ experience as a working journalist, and/or have or will have completed a master’s in journalism from a UK university by the time that the placement starts.
Successful applicants will complete a three and a half month placement at the BBC.
Depending on their skills and interests, successful applicants could be placed in one of a number of areas of World Service Group activity including: World Service news programmes, BBC News online, World Service radio, digital output, BBC Media Action, BBC Monitoring, one of the BBC World Service language services, or Solutions-Focused Journalism.
The placement is expected to be hybrid, with some work taking place in the London BBC office and some work taking place at home. Successful applicants will be informed of any changes to the programme as necessary.
You may like-Google Solution Challenge 2022 for University Students around the world
The programme will also include:
- Enrolment on a bespoke one-week course at the BBC College of Journalism.
- Access to College of Journalism courses on the same basis as BBC staff. Awardees will be expected to complete at least one additional course during their placement.
- Successful applicants will be supervised at a BBC location in London and will have a BBC mentor to assist them during the placement.
- Successful applicants will receive the Chevening stipend for the duration of the placement, in addition and in order to meet the BBC standards under the New Talent Policy, the BBC will provide a total ‘top up salary’ for the period. The exact top up amount will be confirmed at a later date, as it is calculated to coincide with each new financial year. Successful applicants will be expected to find suitable accommodation themselves.
You may also like-CICOPS Scholarships 2023 for Researchers in developing Countries
How to Apply:
To apply, you must complete a Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form, AND submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date CV.
- Status letter from your university that confirms the end date of your course.
- A copy of your passport date page as well as a copy of your current Tier 4 visa/BRP ensuring eligibility to complete the placement in line with immigration regulations. Your visa needs to last long enough for you to complete this placement – until end of December 2022.
- A complete Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme application form.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Chevening/BBC World Service Group Professional Placement Programme
Was this article helpful in your application process? Then subscribe to our website using your email for more notifications on available SCHOLARSHIP OPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here
Master’s Scholarship Programme in German Studies at the UoN
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023 for young Africans (Fully Funded)
International Scholarships at Albion College, USA 2022
The South Africa – France PROTEA Programme 2023 for South African Researchers
SG and JG Scholarship for International Students at Federation University, Australia 2022/2023
Université Paris-Saclay Master’s Scholarships 2022/2023 (Study in France)
Leave a Comment