This is to notify all university students across the globe that the application for the 2022 Google Solution Challenge is on. See more details on how to apply below.
Google Solution Challenge 2022
The mission of the 2022 Solution Challenge is to solve for one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals using Google technology. The Solution Challenge is open to members of Google Developer Student Clubs only. Join a Google Developer Student Club (GDSC) on the GDSC community page.
Top 50 teams
Win a T-shirt, certificate, and mentorship from Googlers and other experts to improve and submit a solution for the top prize.
Top 10 finalists
Win a $1,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
Top 3 winners
Win a $3,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
- Join a Google Developer Student Club.
- If there is no club at your college or university, you can join the closest one through the community event platform.
- Form a team and register.
- Form a 4-person team, with at least one student from the university of the Google Developer Student Club, and ideally with a varied set of technical and soft skills. Have a conversation early about causes you care about most. Register for the Solution Challenge by submitting this form (each team member must register).
- Select a UN Sustainable Development Goal,
- Select a goal that aligns with personal interests and/or needs in your community that you would like to solve with technology. Watch this video to learn more.
- Learn and build.
- Identify a solution
- One way to identify a solution is by using a Design Sprint, a flexible framework for solving problems through designing, prototyping, and testing ideas with users over a 5-day sprint.
- Design the user interface. Watch this video to learn more.
- Design the backend technology.
- Follow the learning pathways on the Resources page to help you plan and design the backend.
- Finalize and submit your solution
- Test your solution
- Collect feedback by showcasing your project to other students, family, and friends.
- Iterate on your project
- Using the feedback you received, start iterating on your design and technology until it’s polished and ready for a final demo.
- Record a demo video, and submit it by March 31, 2022
- Put your solution into action. Record a video of a successful demo (maximum 2 minutes long) and submit it using this form. The submission form will open on March 15, 2022. Watch this video for examples of demos from last year’s contest.
Top 50 teams selected
After judges review all submissions against the evaluation criteria, the top 50 Solution Challenge teams will be announced.date_range
Mentoring for top 50 teams
The top 50 teams receive mentorship from Google and Google Developer Experts to improve their solution and resubmit it for the top prize.date_range
Top 10 finalists announced
Finalist teams will be announced and begin to prepare for the 2022 Solution Challenge Demo Day.date_range
3 winning teams announced live on YouTube
All 10 finalists will showcase their solutions during the 2022 Solution Challenge Demo Day, and the 3 winning teams will be announced!
March 31st, 2022
For More Information:
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our