This is to notify you that application is ongoing for the Orange Social Venture Prize 2022. Eligible candidates are invited to apply. Check eligibility and how to apply below.
The Orange Social Venture Prize 2022 in Africa and the Middle East ( €70,000 Euro Prize)
Orange rewards the positive entrepreneurial spirit of dynamic start-ups within the framework of its Social Venture Prize. Since 2011 this International Grand Prix competition has welcomed start-ups from 17 countries in Africa and the Middle East. It identifies, rewards, and supports business propositions that make a positive social and environmental impact. To encourage sustainable, responsible, and inclusive development, the International Women’s Prize was introduced in 2020, promoting business ventures led by women entrepreneurs or with the primary purpose of improving women’s lives.
Be 21 years and over
- Present a social entrepreneurship project based on NICT (New Information and Communication Technologies)
- The candidates must present a project that involves at least one of the 17 countries
Ideally, the business idea should include a prototype or demo.
Phases of the competition
- The first phase will take place between June and September: each application will be assessed according to the rules of the national competitions and up to three winners will be selected in each country. The international phase will then begin. An evaluation committee of Orange employees will preselect 10 finalists from the national winners.
- In October, these finalists will be evaluated by a grand jury of influential representatives from the African tech world, who will choose the three overall winners of the International Grand Prix.
- This jury will also be responsible for choosing the winner of the International Women’s Prize, from five finalists selected by an evaluation committee made up of Orange’s diversity and inclusion teams.
Awards International Grand Prix
- 1st prize: €25,000
- 2nd prize: €15,000
- 3rd prize: €10,000
The 10 finalists within the OSVP International Grand Prix and the winner of the International Women’s Prize will also receive 6 to 9 months of business development support.
International Women’s Prize
- Winner: €20,000
How to Apply
Because start-ups need to devote their precious time to building and growing their business, it is fast and easy to apply for the national OSVP competition.
- Create your account (identity, country of residence, contact details, etc.)
- Read the application guide and describe your business project (country, sector, pitch, etc.)
- Confirm and send your application
You can save your application as you go to continue the process later. You don’t need to complete a specific document; however, you may attach your logo, a presentation, and any relevant social media or web addresses.
Please note: the same process applies for both the International Grand Prix and the International Women’s Prize.
Plan your application
To make your application even easier, gather your supporting information in advance (for example, your logo or presentation) and prepare three supporting statements:
- Define the problem you wish to solve (max. 200 characters)
- Describe your proposed solution (max. 200 characters)
- Create a pitch presentation (max. 1,500 characters)
Application Deadline: May 23rd, 2022
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here