VivaTech, with support from the International Finance Corporation (IFC), launched the first edition of the AfricaTech Awards, a pan-African initiative developed to recognize and support the most innovative and impactful African startups across three key sectors – Climate Tech, Health Tech and FinTech.
Tech startups can provide much-needed solutions to pressing global challenges, promote inclusion, and foster sustainable development. However, despite increasing interest from investors, startups across the continent too often struggle to find the capital they need to scale their innovations. The AfricaTech Awards aim to help create new market opportunities for emerging African startups, catalyzing support and inspiring action from investors, policymakers, fellow entrepreneurs, and leading institutions in the tech space.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Startup based in Africa
- Having a product/solution addressed to the African market
- Having a scalable product/solution
- Must have raised a minimum of $200K in capital but not more than $6M
- Must address one of the following themes: Climate Tech, Health Tech or FinTech
- Payroll Support Registration
- Guaranteed Offtake Registration
- Nigeria Youth Investment Fund
Climate Tech Challenge
Solutions that can reduce emissions, protect the environment, and help communities become more climate resilient.More information
Health Tech Challenge
Solutions that can expand access to healthcare among underserved communities, reduce the cost of services, and boost innovation in the healthcare sector.
Solutions that can expand access to financial services among underserved communities, promote financial inclusion and financial literacy, and improve the efficiency of the banking infrastructure.
Rewards for the Finalists
The top 9 startups (3 in each category) will receive:
- Take part in VivaTech
- Meet key players toscale your business
- Benefit froma strong visibility
- Join the event (flight, booth and passes)
- Pitch on stage on the AfricaTech Lab
- Take part in the official AfricaTech Awards ceremony
Rewards for Winners
The category winners will receive:
- Climate Tech Winner
Introduction to the IFC Climate Tech Specialist and key industry playersAccess to New Energy Nexus’ global clean energy ecosystem network and its local networks in Uganda and Nigeria
- Health Tech Winner
Introduction to the IFC Health Tech specialist and key industry players
- FinTech Winner
Introduction to IFC FinTech investment team and IFC partner VC funds
- 7 MARCH: Challenges Opening
- 25 MARCH: End of the challenge
- 2 MAY: Announcement of the Top 45 startups(15 per category)
- 6 MAY: Announcement of the 9 finalists (3 in each category)
- 15-18 JUNE: VivaTech EventAfricaTech Awards Ceremony
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the VivaTech AfricaTech Awards 2022/2023
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for VivaTech AfricaTech Awards.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our