Have you heard about GIZ Accelerator program for Climate Change Innovations. The GIZ accelerator program is looking for early-stage companies in Benin, Cameroon, and Niger that deliver digital solutions to combat climate change. We are looking for innovative and impactful tech-based solutions to either tackle the adverse effects or minimize the negative impact of climate change.
GIZ Accelerator Program for Climate Change Innovations 2022/2023
This program is open to startups using and leveraging digital technologies directly in their solution or in their operations in the following fields:
|Water & soil management for agriculture & WASH
in relation to agricultural production and to access to essential services such as health, sanitation and/or hygiene services
|Agritech solutions to deal with the consequences of climate change, to support farmers thanks to weather forecasting services/alerts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Clean energy solar or bio gas energy for private or business use, digital solutions enabling access to energy in the most remote areas||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Last-mile distribution of essential goods & services
(energy, water, health)
|Protection of biodiversity & natural resources
(coastline, wetland, mangroves, savannah, forests)
|Access to markets for agricultural goods transport solutions, farming as a service for large buyers (retailers, restaurants, ..)||Yes||No||No|
|Air, land and water pollution (due to transportation, wood-burning, garbage burning, indoors fuel or wood stoves, but also plastic or e-waste pollution)||Yes||No||No|
This program is open to climate-focused technology startups meeting the following criteria:
- Officially incorporated, registered with the local chamber of commerce in the country or in the process of being registered
- Delivering a technology and/or digital solution to accelerate the deployment of climate solutions at scale
- Existing solution on the market (at least proof of concept, minimum viable product) on one of the above mentioned themes which has the capacity to scale
- The product or service attracts its first customers and shows initial interest from clients (BtoB or BtoC) or investors/donors.
- Founder and its core team members must be available and committed to join all program elements (including monitoring and evaluation questionnaires)
- At least one of the founders is originated from Benin, Cameroon, Niger
- Although this is not a selection criteria, attention will be given to teams committed to promote diversity and inclusion in their venture
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE- Citygate Global Investment Limited Management Trainee Programme 2022/2023
- The major component of this program will be the mentorship and technical project support with
- The involvement of an experienced business mentor for a period of 6 months
- Learning best practices from business experts to grow your business and your team
- The selected companies will be exposed to corporate partners and investors to attract potential business opportunities and investments.
- Collaboration with the in-country GIZ’s Digital Transformation Centers will help the founders to further grow their business and scale at local and regional levels
- Finalists will have ample opportunities to network with local and regional startup founders
- During a closing program event, 10.000 euro in grant funding will be shared across the 3 finalists per country.
How to Apply for The GIZ Accelerator Program 2022/2023
For More Information on how to successfully apply: Visit the Official Webpage of the GIZ Accelerator Program for Climate Change Innovations
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for this program.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our