Jamlab Accelerator sub-Saharan Africa Programme 2022
The Jamlab Accelerator Programme (JAP) is a six-month hothouse programme for early-stage journalism and media start-ups. It provides teams with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to realise their ideas and ambitions. The programme focuses on journalism and media innovations with the potential to transform information, conversation and public space.
- JAP is looking for committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what isn’t working in sub-Saharan African media, who want to create new media to serve new audiences, or bring new conversations or ideas to the public.
- Innovators, media makers and entrepreneurs with a great idea and the commitment to create and sustain a new journalism or media venture. Innovators, media makers and entrepreneurs who lead an existing journalism or media venture that they want to grow and develop.
Starting or growing a new venture is challenging work so we encourage people to apply as a team of at least two people who are able to commit all or a substantial majority of their time to their project. Larger teams are also welcomed.
This programme will be based on a significant amount of “virtual face-to-face” interaction so applicants must have a stable internet connection.
See-The Africa Business Heroes Competition 2022 for young African Entrepreneurs
- Mentorship and coaching from experienced media, start-up and tech experts and entrepreneurs.
- Free places on a three-month media entrepreneurship course.
- Free workspace at the Tshimologong Precinct co-working space.
- Access to technical support development team.
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors, funders and various stakeholders with an MVP (minimum viable product).
- Access to network, which includes but not limited to Programme Alumni.
- See also-The South Africa – France PROTEA Programme 2023 for South African Researchers
– 18 March 2022 : CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Accelerator open call for applications from startups in sub-Saharan Africa
– 18 April 2022 : DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Submission deadline for applications is 17:00 (Central African Time).
– 6 May 2022: SUCCESSFUL APPLICATIONS
Application shortlisted and successful Applicants notified.
– 16 May 2022 JAP SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA BEGINS
First day of induction.
– 18 Nov 2022 PROGRAMME ENDS
This is the last day of the six month programme.
For More Information, Visit the Official Webpage of the Jamlab Accelerator Programme 2022
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
German Chancellor Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 for emerging Leaders (Fully Funded to Germany)
EWiEn Incubator Program 2022 for female-led energy startups in Ethiopia
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
UNESCO 2022 International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD)
Leave a Comment