Fully Funded Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF) Postgraduate Scholarships
Dear Young African, could you be a Mandela Rhodes Scholar? We look for young leaders who aspire to the principles below and who have demonstrated the potential to live them out. Applications are open for the MRF Postgraduate Scholarship funding. MRF is looking for young leaders who aspire to the principles below and who have demonstrated the potential to live them out.
You may be interested in–Ban Ki-Moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2022 for Young Africans.
- If you are between the ages of 19 and 29, are a citizen of any African country, and have a first degree with above average academic results (70% or upper second), you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- You must have already assumed leadership and made an impact on your campus or community.
- It covers tuition for a one-year Honours degree or a two-year Masters degree in any field at a recognised South African institution of higher education.
- This includes tuition and registration fees, allowances for study materials, research, and medical aid, accommodation and meals, personal allowance and economy class travel to and from your home country to your South African university at the beginning and end of your degree. You will also receive a personal allowance.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution.
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF.
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF.
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF.
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF.
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request.
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies.
How to Apply for the MRF Postgraduate Scholarship
The deadline is 21 April, by which time all application documentation needs to have been uploaded. Your recommenders (referees) must have uploaded their references by then in order for your application to be complete.
- March: Applications open on Tuesday, 22 March 2022. Candidates can add recommenders on the platform and begin uploading their documentation and working on their personal essays. See ‘requirements’.
- April: Applications close by the end of Thursday, 21 April 2022. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted under any circumstances.
- June: Notification to those that are through to Round Two.
- July: Notification to those that are through to Round Three.
- August: You will be notified by the end of August if you are invited for an interview in the Final Round, or if you have been unsuccessful.
- October: Interviews will be conducted in South Africa in October. If you are in the final round and you are based outside South Africa, you will be flown in for an in-person interview with our selection committee. You will be notified by the end of October if you are selected as a Mandela Rhodes Scholar.
- October-December: Selected Mandela Rhodes Scholars must do their best to secure acceptance at their university of choice, and their study visa for travel to South Africa in January.
Apply Now-Mandela Rhodes Scholarships
For More Information:
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our