The African Cultural Fund (ACF) and 32bis (a contemporary art space in Tunis), are pleased to be co-organising the ACF-ACADEMY, which will take place between the 4th and 22nd of July 2022. Check for more information on how to apply below.
The African Cultural Fund (ACF) Academy 2022 for young visual artists
This program aims to train and support 10 young visual artists (50% women, 50% men) from Northern Africa, more specifically from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia. The ACF-Academy aims to support and train these young artists in the development of their artistic approach, to sharpen their theoretical knowledge as well as strengthen their entrepreneurial and professional skills, with particular focus on an international context.
During the three weeks, participants will attend creative workshops, conference-debates and entrepreneurial training sessions led by various professionals from the art world, including established contemporary artists, researchers, gallery directors, collectors and museum curators.
To be eligible for the ACF-Academy, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Being a national from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Tunisia
- Being between 20 and 35 years old
- Practicing visual arts
- Being in the early stages of their career or in the process of turning professional, with at least 3 years of artistic experience
- Having previous experience of participating in an exhibition.
You may also like-Climate Launchpad green business ideas competition 2022
- The ACF-ACADEMY programme covers the costs of the participants for the entire duration of the programme (travel, accommodation, food, production costs, etc.).
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 29th of April 2022.
The application has to be submitted either in Arabic, French or English
The application needs to include:
- CV (Curriculum Vitæ)
- Copy of the applicant’s identity card (or equivalent documentation indicating Full Name, Nationality, and Date of Birth)
- Letter of motivation (350 words maximum)
- Brief presentation of your artistic approach (describe your visual practice: what are your mediums, aesthetic lines, visual approaches?) (200 words maximum)
- Portfolio (presentation of artistic work and experience) (12 pages maximum)
Note: Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline April 29th, 2022
For More Information:
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here