IFAD/Thomson Reuters Foundation Reporting on Food Security and Rural Development in East Africa
The UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is sponsoring this course, which will build expertise and increase knowledge of issues faced by rural communities, help journalists to present new viewpoints and promote discussion on how small-scale agriculture can respond to the growing demand for food and on the essential need to support rural transformation as food insecurity, climate change and economic uncertainty intensify. Reporting on Food Security and Rural Development in East Africa – May 16th -19th Online Workshop
- Thomson Reuters Foundation is inviting journalists from East Africa to apply for this workshop, which will cover food security, food production, markets and climate issues and include a skills lab on online verification, social media and digital story telling.
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors working for media organisations based in the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Tanzania.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ professional experience, have a good level in spoken and written English and should explain through their applications why they will benefit from participation in this course, and how they plan to use the learning in their professional work.
See- Harvard Global Health Institute LEAD Fellowship Program 2022/2023
- Once selected, applicants will also be asked to provide a letter from their editor supporting their participation in the programme, including a commitment to publish the story they will produce should they participate in the mentoring component of the course. This will only be requested by TRF once applicants have been selected for the course.
- Applicants must have access to a minimum internet speed of 8 MB/second. (You can check the speed of your device at www.speedtest.net). Applicants will also need access to a computer to participate in the training; participation from a mobile or smart phone will not be possible.
Please note: To ensure a reliable connection, Thomson Reuters Foundation will contribute to participants’ data costs.
See Also-GIZ Climate Innovation Contest 2022 for Ethiopian SMEs
Application Deadline: April 27th, 2022
• Two relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB). TV/Radio journalists may submit transcripts of broadcasts, a brief summary, and/or links to online versions.
• A biography of up to 250 words outlining your career.
• A statement of between 250 and 500 words describing how you expect to benefit from this course, how you plan to use what you learn in your professional work, and any factors affecting your work as a journalist which may be considered relevant to your application.
TRF will consider all applications on merit.
If you have any difficulties applying, please email email@example.com
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Reporting on Food Security and Rural Development in East Africa
If this article was helpful in your application process, substitute our website to receive more updates. Subscribe with your email. Subscription is fee.
You can also find us on our
ITU Generation Connect Gender Champions 2022 for young women
VivaTech/Microsoft for Startups Global Program 2022 for tech founders
The African Cultural Fund (ACF) Academy 2022 for young visual artists
Leave a Comment