Applications are ongoing for the GIZ Climate Innovation Contest 2022. Interested persons are invited to apply. For more Information see below.
GIZ Climate Innovation Contest 2022 for Ethiopian SMEs (EUR 50,000 in funding)
Giz is looking for innovations that will:
- increase the sustainable use of natural resources,
- create job opportunities through the use of biodiversity, and
- help restore degraded landscapes.
The call targets, start-ups, producer organizations, processors, exporters, traders and other small or medium enterprises that wish to innovate and contribute to a better world. GIZ invite start-ups and small or medium businesses coming from any sector relevant to
the objectives mentioned above. Examples of such sectors are:
- Start-ups in the information technology sector (e.g. App development)
- Food production and processing
The following costs are applicable for funding:
- The cost of external technical staff or Implementing Partner assigned to the project to provide specific services on the indicated activities.
- Travel and subsistence costs of the above-mentioned technical staff, where such travel is relevant for the execution of the project activities.
- Cost of conference, seminars, workshops and other facilities emanating from the project.
- Cost of research and dissemination of information, printing etc.
- Direct travel expenses in relation to the product development and marketing.
- Machinery and equipment needed to demonstrate a skill.
- Expenses in relation to pilot test of the product.
- Auditing of final project accounts
Benefits for Selected Projects
Partial or total funding of the project idea for 12 months. Projects may be eligible for an extension, with a maximum extension of up to 18 months based on achieved results
• Visibility and promotion of the projects in national and social media
• Support in the further development and up-scaling of selected projects
GIZ will contribute up to EUR 50,000 worth of investments and requires matching contributions from the winners. The costs matched by the private sector partner can be provided in monetary terms or in-kind.
All interested applicants please download the forms and further information here: https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/106627.html
- Round 1 – Call for Project Idea, submission date 25 April 2022:
- Interested beneficiaries wishing to apply for funds, will be requested to first submit their project idea using the standard application form. Please submit your project ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline ends in English.
- Preselection of Project Ideas: 1st Round of Evaluation & Assessment through Selection Committee: All project ideas received in time will be assessed and evaluated. Applications will only be considered, if all documents and information are received, and applicants meet eligibility criteria.
- Round 2 – pre-selected Candidates will be invited to present Project Ideas to the Selection Committee in May 2022.
- Final Selection of Project Ideas by the Steering Committee in May 2022.
- Information of winners, preparation of project implementation contract and release of funds in June 2022.
- Application Deadline: April 25th, 2022
For More Information:
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our