This is to inform you that the portal is open and you are welcome to apply for the UN Human Rights Commission Fellowship Programme 2022. For how to go about this application process, see more information below.
UN Human Rights Commission Fellowship Programme 2022 for People of African Descent (Fully Funded to Geneva, Switzerland)
The Fellowship Programme was initiated by the Anti-Racial Discrimination Section in 2011 and was further supported by GA resolution on Programme of activities for the implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent (A/RES/69/16).
The aim is to strengthen participants’ skills to contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries. The participants are equipped with the tools necessary to enhance the development of legislation, policies and programmes; to strengthen collaboration of civil society with governments; and to undertake local awareness-raising activities.
Candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- Candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme.
You may like-TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2022
Each fellow will be given a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
- In 2022, the Fellowship will be holding from 21 November to 9 December in Geneva, Switzerland, provided that the COVID-19 situation allows for travel and in-person training.
- In addition, fellows are to dedicate a few hours to pre-online courses and preparatory assignments in the preceding two weeks.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to email@example.com:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form (English | Français | Español) in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Please note that submissions with more than five attachments are not acceptable.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2022 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
For More Information:
Was this article helpful? Then subscribe to our website via email for more scholarships updates and general updates and opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on