Commercial Director at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
Job Title: Commercial Director
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to CAF’s goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Oversight of major commercial negotiations and supporting the CAF team to close complex rights deals.
- Delivery of CAF’s sponsorship and media obligations, with a focus on event operations.
- Build and develop a high-performance culture in the CAF commercial department and collaborate effectively with other internal teams to deliver objectives and plans
- Oversee the appointment and engagement of major sales and service partner agencies as required.
- Advise the CAF President and CAF General Secretary on commercial issues, including Media Rights, Digital and Sponsorship strategies, as well as trends and issues in the football business landscape.
- Manage relationships with CAF’s major commercial stakeholders: broadcasters, sponsors, and service providers.
- Ensure CAF meets the highest standards of event promotion, fan engagement and brand values.
- Structure CAF’s commercial rights portfolio to achieve outcomes set by the CAF Executive Committee.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities.
- Run transparent and competitive processes for the sale of CAF’s commercial rights and awarding of service contracts.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the CAF Executive Committee.
- Assist the Finance Director in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Establish and efficiently run a commercial department with concise workflows and approval processes.
- University Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Law, or related fields.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong level of proactivity with high sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Minimum experience of 10 years in different commercial functions at various levels, of which minimum of 5 years in a management position within a similar organization.
- Proven track record and at least ten years’ experience leading multi-market commercial portfolios and commercial negotiations. Senior experience in sports or major event revenue development, rights management, or marketing programs.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
Read- Air Peace Recruitment for Aircraft Appearance Controller
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
- High-value terms of employment.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Full Medical / Life Insurance coverage.
- Excellent Pension Plan solution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 5th May, 2022.
- The position will be based at CAF’s headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.
If this article was helpful in your application process, Please subscribe to our website for more Job updates and general updates. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
Interswitch Trainee Programme 2022 for Tech Professionals
Wema Bank Tech Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program 2022
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme for young African Leaders
TED Idea Search: Africa 2022 for young African Leaders
Green Talents award for young researchers in sustainable development
GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2022 for young African Entrepreneurs
Leave a Comment