Are you working on innovative solutions for a more sustainable future? As a young researcher, you want to contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals? And you have always wanted to get to know Germany as a sustainability location? Then this is a great opportunity for you. Apply for the Green Talents 2022 award for young researchers. See more information below.
Green Talents 2022 award for young researchers in sustainable development. (Fully Funded to Germany)
Every year, the German Federal ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability. The award, under the patronage of the German Federal Minister of Education and Research, honours young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines for their achievements and efforts to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
Are you working on innovative solutions for a more sustainable future? As a promising young researcher, you want to contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals? And you have always wanted to get to know Germany as a sustainability location? Green Talents challenge you to convince our high-ranking expert jury and become one of the 25 Green Talents of 2022! Share your innovative ideas with a strong focus on sustainable development and lay the foundation for long-lasting collaborations with German research institutions and international researchers. Make your contributions count!
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2022 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2022:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
You will have the opportunity to come to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Virtual Science Forum. Learn more about how the Green Talents story continues for the awardees when they return to Germany for their research stays.
The research stay will be fully financed by the BMBF.
The application consists of the following four parts:
- Forms with personal information and questions about your academic and professional career, including details about university degrees, research work, lists of publications, etc. You must also indicate, which SDG your research is contributing to. You will not have to upload a CV.
- Questions regarding your motivation to participate in the Virtual Science Forum (we recommend that you write your answers in advance and simply copy them into the text fields):
- Questions regarding your scientific qualification. We kindly ask to upload your latest FINAL graduation certificate as well as your latest course record. Full academic transcripts are required, because they convey important information, such as specifics about the composition of the study programme, credit requirements and student performance. If you have only recently started a post-graduate study programme (Master or PhD), please upload your graduation certificate as well as a confirmation of matriculation.
- Questions regarding your publications and patents. You are not asked to hand in full articles. We merely require a list of books/chapters/articles you (co-)authored. Therefore, please complete the Excel template you find during the application process and list your publications in chronological order, naming titles, potential co-authors, publisher and context (book/chapter/article/conference paper etc.).
- Letter of recommendation: a letter in which the author assesses the qualities, characteristics and capabilities of the person being recommended in terms of the individual’s ability to perform a particular task or function. This
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our