The Transnational Centre for Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability- TRAJECTS opens its Call for Applications for Junior Research Stays 2022. See more information below.
TRAJECTS Junior Research Stays 2022 for young researchers
TRAJECTS is a DAAD-funded project that seeks to create and/or strengthen research and teaching capacities on Just Transitions in Energy, Climate and Sustainability, especially in the Global South. Within this framework, Junior Research Stays (JRS) aim to support short research stays and/or internships (2-4 months) for young researchers from, within and/or to the Global South. During TRAJECTS (2021-2025) expect to support 98 short research stays/internships for young researchers or practitioners, divided into 5 cohorts, one cohort per year.
- Scholarship funding: Grantees affiliated to a university as postgraduate students, PhD candidates, or researchers. Undergraduate students are not eligible.
- Allowance funding: Practitioners without direct affiliation to a university.
- Either the sending institution of the applicant or the host institution must be members of the TRAJECTS network.
See-AIDS 2022 Young Leaders Programme for young activists/researchers
Scope of funding
- Monthly allowance of 860, – EUR/month for stays in the Global North or 400- EUR for stays in the Global South, for min. 75% of a full-time equivalent (FTE) position (here understood as 40h/week for 4 weeks in a month), preferably 3-4 months.
- Travel costs (real costs; budget for up to 400,- EUR for national travel /up to 1200 EUR for South-North intercontinental flight and up to 1500 EUR for South-South intercontinental flight).
- Insurance contributions of up to 89.- EUR will be covered for individuals travelling to Germany for the JRS.
- Applications should be submitted via application form with general documents (e.g. enrolment certificate, references, writing samples, etc.).
- Some specific documents required for the administrative host universities (UNAL or UCT) must be sent in a single PDF of max. 5 MB to the respective National Contact Point (see below).
- Please note that some of the placements have additional application requirements (e.g. language certificates, etc.)
See Also-MSIF Du Pré Grant 2022 for MS researchers and clinicians
- Deadline for applications: May 6, 2022 at 23:59 Ger, 17:59 Col, and 00:59 in ZA.
- Notification of applicants: for rejections by May 16, 2022, for acceptance starting on May 30, and subject to individual placement deadlines and selection process.
- Implementation of Junior Research Stays 2022: Jul/Aug – Nov. 2022.
- Please note that some of the placements have additional recruitment requirements (e.g. interviews or technical tests) with additional deadlines, it is the responsibility of each candidate to monitor and fulfil the requirements and deadlines for individual placements.
For More Information, Visit the Official Webpage of the TRAJECTS Junior Research Stays 2022
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here
Jamlab Accelerator sub-Saharan Africa Programme 2022
ShEquity Business Accelerator (SHEBA) Program 2022
CREACT4MED’s Entrepreneurship training academy for entrepreneurs
Leave a Comment