Have you heard of the Wellcome Mental Health Data Prize 2022 for early career Researchers?
Wellcome Mental Health Data Prize 2022 for early career Researchers
The Wellcome Data Prize in mental health supports collaborative approaches to research into anxiety and depression in young people. Teams in the UK and South Africa will explore existing data to find new insights and build digital tools that enable future research.
The Prize aims to generate tangible and scalable outputs that support the mental health research community. The overarching question for the Data Prize is:
“What are the ‘active ingredients’ that make a difference in preventing, treating, and managing anxiety and depression in young people? What works, for whom, in what contexts, and why?”
A key aim of this prize is to build a multidisciplinary mental health data community by bringing together people with mental health research backgrounds and data expertise. By mental health science we mean any discipline that uses evidence in rigorous and transparent ways, whether based on observation or experimentation. This could include:
- disciplines within the humanities, social sciences and computer sciences, among others.
- must be based in the UK or South Africa.
- may be at any career stage but must have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one for the full duration of the award.
You may like The Tällberg-SNF-Eliasson Global Leadership Prize 2022
Level of funding:
There are three phases to the prize, each six months long and with different levels of funding and support on offer:
- Discovery phase: 10 teams will be selected to receive £40,000 of funding
- Prototyping phase: 5 teams will be selected to receive £100,000 of funding
- Sustainability phase: £500,000 will be allocated across 3 winning teams
Duration of funding:
There are three phases to the prize, with only a subset of teams from each phase progressing to the next:
1. Discovery Phase (10 teams)
- Teams will produce an analysis of existing data to answer a research question.
- Teams will be supported with data acquisition, and refining use cases (further examination of how, why and where the digital tool they develop could be used) as well as lived experience involvement approaches.
2. Prototyping Phase (5 teams)
- Teams will create a prototype of a digital tool, and they will also refine and disseminate their research from the discovery phase.
- Teams will be supported with further developing use cases, lived experience involvement approaches and workshops on agile principles and prototyping.
3. Sustainability Phase (3 teams)
- Support includes data science and product design expertise, support on planning user testing and lived experience involvement approaches and continuous feedback sessions.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 5th June 2022
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Wellcome Mental Health Data Prize 2022
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
The Orange Social Venture Prize 2022 in Africa and the Middle East
RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition 2022
YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program 2022
Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 for young South African Leaders
Leave a Comment