This is a call for application for the TWAS-Elsevier Foundation Project Grants, see more information on Eligibility criteria and how to apply below.
TWAS – Elsevier Foundation Project Grants for Gender Equity and Climate Action
The TWAS – Elsevier Foundation Project Grants Programme for Gender Equity and Climate Action aims to:
Promote gender equality by creating opportunities for women in climate action projects that take them outside the lab, enabling them to deepen their scientific skills, while acquiring, through training, soft skills such as project management and leadership.
Respond to and tackle communities’ needs in ways that are in line with the principles of sustainable development, focusing on the brunt of climatic changes.
Effectively transfer knowledge from scientific research to real-life scenarios for practical and tangible change under the umbrella of the “climate action” SDG.
1. Submission of an action-based project with a direct impact on the community of a scientifically and technologically lagging country (https://twas.org/66-countries), with a primary focus on climate action (SDG 13) and secondary focus on gender equality (SDG 5).
2. The principal applicant and project leader must be a woman scientist, holding a PhD, living and working in a scientifically and technologically lagging country (https://twas.org/66-countries), employed at a university or research institute. The programme does not require a direct involvement of the university or of the research institute in the project.
3. There is no age limitation for this programme.
4. The principal applicant will work in group with up to four (4) additional secondary applicants, also women, who are either scientists or technical experts in a field relevant to the project, from any developing country. The technical expertise would complement the work of the scientist(s) and thus enhance the potential of the team. The team must not include more than five (5) members in total.
5. Projects in any area with enough relevance to climate change and gender equality are eligible.
6. Interdisciplinary approaches are welcome.
- The programme will award three (3) grants to Collaborative Teams composed of 2–5 members.
- The programme will cover the costs for flights, accommodation and food. This cost does not need to be included in your application’s project budget.
- The project grant is designed to be flexible and modular, with a total value in the USD 24,000- 25,000 range.
- It will allow for a variety of expenses within a three-year timescale, as long as these are clearly justified by the work tasks.
- A full budget in USD covering the whole duration of the project in Excel to be attached to the application form.
- Necessary documentation to prove eligibility for the programme needs to be uploaded as an attachment to the application form:
- Passport or National Identity Document (of Principal Applicant and all co-applicants)
- PhD Certificate (for Principal Applicant only)
- Proof of employment at the university or research institution (for Principal Applicant only)
- A partnership declaration signed by all team members
If a candidate is not able to provide such information, she will lose her eligibility to the programme.
How to apply
- The application must be submitted via the online form at this link: https://tally.so/r/nr14Mw
- A scientist may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant (i.e. individual, research unit, IsDB-TWAS Research Grant or OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship) for consideration by TWAS.
- When submitting the application via the online form the principal applicant needs to upload all required documentation as attachments to the form.
The omission of the documents above-mentioned will make the application ineligible. In case you have questions about this programme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information:
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here