The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency is inviting highly-motivated law students for an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency through the LEG-VPU Internship Programme.
World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program Fall 2022 for highly-motivated law students
The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
You may like-Standard Bank Group Internship Programme 2022
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
Students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions.
World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
Internship at Country Offices:
The Legal Vice Presidency has limited its internships in the field to offices where a lawyer from the Legal Vice Presidency is present.
See Also-South African National Parks SANParks Internship 2022
The World Bank Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
Evaluations on Performance: The World Bank shall not provide evaluation on the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
How to Apply:
Please submit the below documents through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
2022 Fall Cycle: April 1-30, 2022
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency’s (LEG VPU) Internship Program 2022
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here
Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi) Top Tech Tools for Women
NDE Small Scale Enterprises (SSE) Application Form/Link Portal
The Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) 2022/2023 for Threatened Scholars worldwide ($25,000USD
Leave a Comment