This is to notify you that applications are ongoing for The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme for young African Leaders. Check if you are eligible and see how to apply below.
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme for young African Leaders
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme is a collaborative, hands-on, and tailored experience for senior and rising leaders in Africa’s agriculture sector. Designed for individuals spearheading and directly implementing specific country-level agriculture initiatives, the programme is initially open to participants from eight countries.
The 16-month leadership programme for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through the following experiences:
- Virtual and in-person (when possible) learning events to hone leadership skills for delivery
- Action Learning Projects connected directly to the participants’ job objectives and country transformation objectives
- On-the-job and in-country coaching
- Regular peer accountability sessions
- Participation in bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- Exposure to case studies of ‘Game-changers’ in African agriculture
- Virtual and in-person peer-learning and networking with cohorts of participants from across the continent.
- Geography: Applicants must be working within agriculture ministries, implementing organizations, civil society institutions, stakeholder groups or private sector companies in the following AGRA priority countries: Ethiopia, Rwanda, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Malawi.
- Language: Applicants must have a “Proficient” level (C1) of English language skills.
- Employment & leadership position: Applicants must be established OR emerging leaders in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations, and be responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs.
- The programme will accept a certain number of established and certain number of emerging leaders.
- Applicants’ organizations must be located in the previously mentioned countries. Upon selection to the programme, applicants will be required to provide a letter of support from their employer verifying their status.
- Full Participation: In order to successfully complete the programme and receive the certificate of completion from AGRA and the African Management Initiative at AGRF, the participant will be required to attend all virtual and in-person leadership sessions and participate in the presentation of their strategic project to senior national leaders
- Participants’ fees will be fully sponsored through support provided to AGRA by the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank.
- This will include travel costs for all Leadership Forums and graduation events from 2022.
- Interactive, Experiential & Applied Leadership Learning
Application Process Details
- Applications for Cohort 2 opens on April 19 and closes on June 3, 2022
- Selection communicated by early July
- Cohort 2 begins in early August 2022
For More Information:
Please subscribe to our website using your email for more SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on