How to Register for SCUML (Scuml Registration Portal and Guide). How to Get your SCUML Certificate with ease. Requirements for SCUML Registration. What is SCUML?
What is SCUML?
SCUML stands for Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering. It was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in September 2005 in line with the provisions of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2004, which was subsequently repealed and amended to Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (as amended).
Functions of SCUML
- Registration and certification of Designated Non-Financial Institutions (DNFIs) and Non Profit Organisation (NPOs) in Nigeria.
- Sensitization of DNFIs in Nigeria on their compliance obligations, under the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act 2011 (as amended) and the implementation guidelines.
- Monitoring and supervision of the activities of DNFIs as it relates to AML/CFT.
- Conducting off-site, on- site, and spot checks inspection of DNFIs.
- Taking necessary enforcement actions to ensure compliance with the AML/CFT Laws and Regulations.
- Collection of statutory reports: Cash based transaction reports (CBTRs) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) for onward forwarding to the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
- Establishment and maintenance of comprehensive database of DNFIs and their financial transactions to support tactical, operational and strategic analysis as well as policy options in combating ML/FT.
- Strategic analysis using available data to identify emerging trends and patterns in money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Provision of vital information relating to DNFIs money trails to assist criminal investigations by Law Enforcement Agencies in order to boost the fight against economic and financial crimes within the DNFIs sector in Nigeria.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure compliance with AML/CFT measures within the DNFI sector in Nigeria.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Complete List Of Agric Loans & Grants – Get Access To 50 million
Required Documents for SCUML Registration
To register for SCUML Certificate, you must present the required documents listed below:
FOR LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
- Form CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of tax Registration
For BUSINESS NAMES:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Form BN-O1 (Proprietor’s Particulars)
- Tax Evidence of tax Registration
Note: professional companies are to also provide professional certificates e.g. Law firms, Accounting firms, Audit firms, etc.
FOR NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGOS)/NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (NPOS):
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
- Incorporation of Trustees OR CAC7
- Constitution OR Memorandum & Article of Association
FOR STATE REGISTRATIONS:
- Certificate of Registration from State
- Copies of valid Identification of at least 3 executive members
FOR INTERNATIONAL NGOs/NPOs:
- Evidence of Registration with National Planning Commission (NPC)
- Organisational Profile.
Full List of SCUML Office Address and Contact in Nigeria
No 5 Fomella Street, Off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja, FCT.
Tel: 09159090952 | 08186886219 | 08183754112
15, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Lagos State.
GP 360 Bida Road, Civic Center, Kano
SCUML Registration Form
To get the SCUML Registration Form visit https://www.scuml.org
The registration is expected to be done online and if the submission confirmed that all documents has been duly uploaded, The registration period is between 15 – 20 working days and the collection of original certificate is expected to be done at the respective Zonal Office as indicated during the online registration.
How to Register for SCUML Certificate
- Visit SCUML website, www.scuml.org
- Click on the tab “Online Registration”.
- Fill the registration Form
- Attach the required documents listed above
How to Register for SCUML (Scuml Registration Portal).