With the increasing level of awareness, a lot of persons prefer to produce some certain items for personal use and also to make some extra income. Whatever the reason, liquid soap production have gained a lot of popularity in Nigeria, people are eager to try out new things and also make ends meet.
Do you know that liquid soap making business in Nigeria is lucrative, if you want to make soap for commercial purpose, you can start the business with little capital and make good profit from it.
Soap is a part of the day to day activities of humans hence there is market for it.
RAW MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE LIQUID SOAP
To produce 40 litres of liquid soap, you will need the below listed chemicals and the quantity. You can always double the amount if you want to produce more than 40 litres.
Where to get chemicals needed to produce liquid soap in Nigeria
Do not worry about All chemicals listed can easily be gotten at any chemical shop close to you.
List of required chemicals and quantity
- 10 – 20 tea- spoons – Texapon; 2 l. – Sulphonic Acid;
- 10-20 tea-spoons – Sodium Tripoyphosphate (S.T.P.P);
- 165 grams – Caustic Soda;
- 245 grams – Soda Ash;
- 35 litre – water;
- 480 grams – C.M.C (Carboxy methyl cellulos)/ Antisol/ Nitrosol;
- 6-16 tea-spoons – Formaline (may not use);
- 6-16 teaspoons – Sodium Laurate Sulphate (SLS);
- Colorant and a perfume (fragrance)
EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO MAKE HOME MADE LIQUID SOAP
- Measuring bowl
HOW TO MAKE LIQUID SOAP FOR WASHING CLOTHES AND PLATES ETC. (Preparation Method)
- Place the caustic soda in about 2 litres of water, leave the mixture for one hour or overnight.
- Also place the soda ash in about 2 litres of water, leave it to soften for one hour or also overnight.
- Pour sulphonic acid into measuring bowl, add texapon, for pleasant smell of your liquid soap add a perfume (fragrance), then add 10 litres of water, stir the mixture carefully for about 10 minutes.
- Place Sodium Laurate Sulphate (SLS) in 1.25 litres of water. Also do the same for Sodium Tripoyphosphate (STPP).
- Add nitrosol. If you decide to use Carboxyl methyl cellulose instead, ensure you place it in 10litres of water 2 days before you use it to produce the liquid soap.
- Now add the caustic soda and stir carefully, add soda ash and again mix accurately. If you wish to use formaline, add it also and stir.
- Add S.T.P.P and stir well, add SLS and stir again. You can now proceed to add the desired color you need and stir.
- Finally add water to level, till you achieve your desired texture of the liquid soap.
- You can package it and start using or selling.
We would keep updating you on more diy tips, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you make Liquid Soap at home in Nigeria.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE TIPS. Subscription is free.
Also like our Facebook Click Here
Follow us on Twitter Click Here