This “do it yourself” is specifically for all those who may find it difficult to get hand sanitizers as a result of the increase in price or the scarcity of the product in large quantities. This article by LegitPortal will help you make hand sanitizers locally at home for your personal use or for business (at a pocket friendly price).
What is Hand Sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer is a type of liquid generally used to reduce infectious agents on the human hands. Hand Sanitizers are generally more effective at killing microorganisms and better tolerated than soap and water.
Materials needed to make hand sanitizers at home
- 1 bottle of ABU mec methylated spirit
- 1 bottles of SKG PHARMA hydrogen peroxide
- 1 bottles of glycerin with rose water (BELL or Eden)
- 1 bottle of 1.5L water swan, nestle or Eva water
Please Note- the specific brands mentioned above meets the specification as personal concentration set by WHO (World Health Organization)
How to prepare hand sanitizer (1.5L gallon) with Methylated Spirit
- Get a 1.5L empty clean bottle or better still the Eva water that you buy, you can empty the water in a clean bowl and use the bottle to prepare the hand sanitizer.
- Get 31.2mls of hydrogen peroxide and pour into the bottle
- Add 22mls of the glycerin with rose water into the bottle
- Add 1.25L of the methylated spirit into the bottle
- Finally make the volume to the 1.5L mark of the bottle (i.e 203ml of the water)
- Shake very well and label the bottle properly (to avoid accidental consumption of the liquid)
That’s all you need to know about the ingredient/recipe for making hand sanitizers at home.
We would keep updating you on more diy tips, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you make Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers at home in Nigeria.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE TIPS. Subscription is free.
Also like our Facebook Click Here
Follow us on Twitter Click Here