There is vacancy at POWEI, if you meet the criteria below, you can apply for the position of the Finance Manager. More information can be found below.
Finance Manager at Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI)
Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non–profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI is currently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers(FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support POWEI’s projects by ensuring she maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control and ensures that financial procedures are adhered to and that non-compliance is challenged and corrected
- To process the daily, monthly financial information for the organization and to assist with the management and administration of finance / administration duties within all programs.
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct in accordance with Organization’s and Donor’s financial procedures.
- Solely responsible for the custody and preparation of checks for payments after due approval has been obtained from the Executive Director.
- Maintain a reliable and effective finance record-filing system.
- Proactively monitor the balance on the bank account
- Manage POWEI’s Field Office bank and cash accounts:
- Act as point of contact for day-to-day matters with financial service providers.
- Remittance of all taxes and staff pensions in a timely manner
- Act as the Human Resource Officer of the organization.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts and follow-up with any discrepancies.
- Support the team by ensuring payments in the field are anticipated, made in a timely manner, and with safety in mind.
- Ensure all compliance checklists regarding all transactions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Check this Out-UNCCD Call for Submissions: Images of Women-led Solutions to Desertification
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments, seeking approval as appropriate.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which a person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate against persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs, or behavioral habits.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Also Check-The JAMII Femmes Programme 2022 for African women Entrepreneurs
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, PowerPoint.
- Other software routinely used by POWEI.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a One-page Cover Letter with 3 professional references (name, company, email, and phone number) to: email@example.com using the Job Title and their Full Name as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Friday, 8th April, 2022.
If this article was helpful in your application process, substitute our website to receive more updates. Subscribe with your email. Subscription is fee.
You can also find us on our
ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2022
Unesco Prize for Girls and Womens Education
UNFPA Innovations to Empower Women and Girls Challenge 2022 (Seed funding up to USD 60,000 USD)
Leave a Comment