This is to notify you that volunteers are needed at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria. Check below for eligibility and information on how to apply.
Volunteer (Intern) at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria
KNCV since 2000 has implemented successive 5-year cycles of USAID funded flagship TB projects and is presently implementing USAID TB LON 1 & 2 project across 14 states in Nigeria. Through President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief funding (PEPFAR), KNCV Nigeria/ TB CARE I project provided and expanded TB/HIV services across 35 of 36 states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Job Title: Volunteer (Intern)
- The Volunteer Intern Program provides Residency and MPH students with leadership and professional development opportunities to participate in program planning/design, implementation, evaluation, and operational research within various health-related USAID supported projects across 14 states, in addition to Global Fund, other donor funding agencies and organizations.
- Other opportunities include establishing professional contacts and references through networking in the public health field.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The unpaid Volunteer will work closely with KNCV Nigeria Senior Program Officers and TB Technical Advisors under the guidance of KNCV Nigeria Central Technical Team Members and complete a one-semester (6 months or less) rotation at any of 14 KNCV Nigeria field offices: Anambra, Delta, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Rivers, Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and Taraba states.
Through this Internship Opportunity, the students will:
- Learn, improve hands-on skills on program planning/design, implementation and evaluation of facility and community-based interventions.
- Conduct health outreach programs and integrated community-based health interventions
- Acquire practical experience in health-related operational research, abstract and manuscript writing and presentation.
- Become more competent in communication and advocacy skills to Government officials at LGA, State and Federal level.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Must be a Resident in Public Health or relevant field or an MPH student.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills are required.
- Possesses strong management, interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a short Motivation Letter inclusive of their 3 Academic Referees and an updated CV via: firstname.lastname@example.org using their Location as the subject of the email and in their Motivation Letter subject heading
Application Deadline 8th April, 2022.
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email for more job and general updates. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here