East Tennessee State University Scholarships, which is fully funded and sponsored by the East Tennessee State University is presently accepting applications from all eligible students.
The East Tennessee State Scholarships
The ETSU International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by East Tennessee State University to attract new international students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees.
This program reflects ETSU’s commitment to diversity and improving social, economic, environmental, and health conditions. Recipients of the scholarship receive coverage for 50% of their tuition and maintenance fees.
ETSU is a public university located in Johnson City, Tennessee, and is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system, which is the sixth-largest system of public education in the country.
ETSU is also the fourth-largest university in the state.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must complete the application process for either ETSU undergraduate or graduate admissions, and possess or intend to obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa (information on F-1 visa or J-1 visa is available).
Furthermore, applicants must exhibit a commendable academic history.
All applicants who fulfill the following requirements will be evaluated for the scholarship:
1. A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 on the US 4.0 scale (for freshman applicants).
2. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on the US 4.0 scale (for undergraduate transfer and graduate applicants).
3. Applicants who meet the scholarship criteria will be informed of the award in their admission letter.
To accept the scholarship, undergraduate students must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form during the new student check-in process.
Scholarship Value per School Year
Undergraduate students: $12,500.
Graduate students: $11,500.
Award Terms and Conditions
For undergraduate students, the scholarship may be renewable for up to 8 semesters as long as they continue to meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
Graduate students may receive the scholarship for up to five semesters if they are pursuing a master’s degree or a duration equivalent to their program.
It’s important to note that the scholarship cannot be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs, including Creative Arts, Honors in Discipline, Grad Assistantship, Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government funding, Fulbright grants, etc.
The scholarship cannot be applied when students are paying in-state or Erate tuition.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship.
The scholarship is not available to:
1. Students who are pursuing a second Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
2. Graduate students who are receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship.
3. Students who are presently obtaining any other ETSU scholarship that covers tuition fees.
4. Students who are applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs.
5. Students who are not in legal F-1 or J-1 status.
For questions, please contact: ISSS@etsu.edu