CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship in Philippines, which is fully funded and sponsored by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED Philippines), is presently accepting applications from eligible students.
CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship in Philippines
The CHED-Tulong Dunong scholarship program aims to provide financial assistance to Filipino students who are facing financial challenges in pursuing their undergraduate degrees in college.
It is offered by the Commission on Higher Education, and is available for both private and public higher education institutions, covering all degree programs.
This scholarship program is part of CHED’s long-term development plan to ensure “Access and Equity” for all students, by establishing and maintaining scholarship, grant-in-aid, and loan programs for deserving students.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must have passed the last two semesters of their degree and be enrolled in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private colleges.
Financial Benefits of the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship
The financial support provided to students includes the full amount of tuition fees up to a maximum of Php12,000.00 per academic year.
Additionally, there are other financial assistance programs available, such as the Full Merit Program which offers P15,000 per semester, the Half Merit Program which offers P7,500 per semester, and the Study Now Pay Later Plan which also provides P7,500 per semester.
Eligibility Criteria for the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the Philippines.
- Must have completed high school and earned units in college, or must be a passer of the Alternative Learning System (ALS) or the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
- The family or gross income of the applicant must not exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 400,000.00).
- Must not have already completed any graduate programs.
- Applicants are allowed to apply for only a single CHED scholarship or financial assistance program.
Required Documents for the CHED-Tulong Dunong Scholarship
When applying for the CHED-Tulong Dunong scholarship program for Filipino students, applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Completed CHED StuFAPs Application (OSS Form 01)
- Certified copy of their High School Report Card for the third year, and grades for the first three grading periods for the fourth year
- The latest Income Tax Return (ITR), or a Certificate of Tax Exemption, or a Copy of Contract/Proof of Income of parents/guardian from the Bureau of Internal Revenue
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from their high school principal/guidance counselor.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted starting from March 1, with the deadline for submission being May 31.