University of Ibadan (UI) is now accepting applications from students living with physical disabilities for its 2021/2022 academic session scholarship scheme.
Application for UI Scholarship 2021/2022 for Students Living with Physical Disability
The University of Ibadan Postgraduate College is happy to announce a Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disabilities for the 2021/2022 academic session, and to invite prospective Master’s degree and PhD students of the University of Ibadan to apply for an award.
The Scholarship Scheme is designed to assist academically sound postgraduate students living with physical disability who have been admitted into the various higher degree programmes of the University of Ibadan. The essence of the scheme is to promote the welfare of this category of special students in line with global best practices. By this scholarship aid scheme, scholars get support to complete their Post graduate (Master’s or PhD) programmes in any academic discipline within the University of Ibadan.
The award involves a waiver of tuition and all other Postgraduate College-related fees. It also carries a monthly stipend subject to review by the Postgraduate College from time to time. The award is tenable for a maximum of three semesters for Master’s students and a period of one academic session, in the first instance, renewable for a maximum period of two academic sessions for PhD students. Annual renewal of award for PhD students is subject to receipt of positive evaluation reports by the Postgraduate College from the candidate’s supervisor and the Head of Department, at the end of each academic session.
Who Can Apply for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability?
- People with physical disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment, paralysis, etc.) who have been medically certified and have been admitted for higher degree studies at the University of Ibadan.
- Applicants must be holders of good honours degrees (minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent for Master’s students).
- Applicants for PhD must, in addition, possess a Master’s degree (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average or equivalent) of any University recognised by the Senate of the University of Ibadan, in any academic discipline.
- Candidates who are already under another scholarship scheme need not apply.
Documents required for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability
- Application form: Applicants should obtain the application form from https://pgcollege.ui.edu.ng, it should be carefully filled by the applicants and endorsed by the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
- Copies of certificates obtained by candidates.
- Evidence of Registration for the 2021/2022 Session. (Please note that proof of registration for the 2021/2022 session MUST be provided before a letter of award to any successful applicant).
- Research Proposal/Project Summary of between 5 and 10 pages must be submitted by PhD student applicants only. Three copies of the research proposal would be submitted. The Research Proposal/Project Summary should provide a clear statement of the objective of the work to be carried out or that is already being undertaken, its justification, the significance of the study vis-à-vis the existing literature, the methodology, and the expected output. Candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate the original contributions which they hope their study will make to knowledge.
The Proposal should be typed with 1.5 line spacing using Times New Roman with font size 12. Size of the paper in typescript should be A4 with a margin of 2.0cm to be left on the left hand side and 1.8cm for other margins except the top of the first page of the proposal, which should be 5.0cm above the headings. Only one side of the paper should be used. Applicants are to submit 3 copies of their research proposal.
- Candidate’s Commitment Letter: A one-page letter from the applicant affirming his/her readiness to submit a report of between 5,000 and 10,000 words as the outcome of the research carried out with the scholarship award.
How to Apply for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability.
All applications which should include all the documents required for application should be submitted to the Office of the Provost, The Postgraduate College within six weeks from the date of this announcement.
Selection Process: All applications received will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a selection interview.
Deadline for application for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability
The deadline for the submission of applications is February 18, 2022.
We would keep updating on more local and international job opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for First Bank of Nigeria 2022 recruitment.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB listings. Subscription is free.