The Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan is pleased to announce its 2021/2022 Scholarship Award Competition and to invite interested doctoral scholars based in the University of Ibadan to submit applications for consideration for an award.
Application for UI Postgraduate College Scholarship Award Competition 2021/2022
The Postgraduate College Scholarship Award is intended to encourage and support academic success in Nigeria. Scholars interested in establishing new research avenues or expanding current research are supported through the scholarship scheme, with the idea that this will greatly add to the state of knowledge. The scholarship program is aimed towards students in their early twenties who are pursuing Post graduate studies in any academic subject at the University of Ibadan. The potential of doctorate theses and its consequences for development will be prioritized in the selection of applicants.
See also: UI Scholarship 2021/2022 for Students Living with Physical Disability
Who can apply for University of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate College Scholarship Award Competition?
- Applicants must be holders of good honours degrees (minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent for Master’s students).
- Applicants for PhD must, in addition, possess a Master’s degree (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average or equivalent) of any University recognised by the Senate of the University of Ibadan, in any academic discipline.
- Candidates who are already under another scholarship scheme need not apply.
Requirements for Application for UI Post Graduate College Scholarship Competition
Candidates wishing to be considered for the award of a Scholarship are requested to submit the following
- Application form: Applicants should obtain the application form from https://pgcollege.ui.edu.ng, it should be carefully filled by the applicants and endorsed by the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
- Copies of certificates obtained by candidates.
- Evidence of Registration for the 2021/2022 Session. (Please note that proof of registration for the 2021/2022 session MUST be provided before a letter of award to any successful applicant).
- Research Proposal/Project Summary of between 5 and 10 pages must be submitted by PhD student applicants only. Three copies of the research proposal would be submitted. The Research Proposal/Project Summary should provide a clear statement of the objective of the work to be carried out or that is already being undertaken, its justification, the significance of the study vis-à-vis the existing literature, the methodology, and the expected output. Candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate the original contributions which they hope their study will make to knowledge.
The Proposal should be typed with 1.5 line spacing using Times New Roman with font size 12. Size of the paper in typescript should be A4 with a margin of 2.0cm to be left on the left hand side and 1.8cm for other margins except the top of the first page of the proposal, which should be 5.0cm above the headings. Only one side of the paper should be used. Applicants are to submit 3 copies of their research proposal.
- Candidate’s Commitment Letter: A one-page letter from the applicant affirming his/her readiness to submit a report of between 5,000 and 10,000 words as the outcome of the research carried out with the scholarship award.
See also: PTDF MSc and PhD Scholarship 2022/2023 Application Guide and Form
How to Apply for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability.
All applications which should include all the documents required for application should be submitted to the Office of the Provost, The Postgraduate College within six weeks from the date of this announcement.
Selection Process: All applications received will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a selection interview.
For more information visit Official Link Download application Form HERE
Deadline for application for UI Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability
The deadline for the submission of applications is February 18, 2022.
We would keep updating on more local and international scholarship opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for UI scholarship scheme 2022.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB listings. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on Facebook Click Here and Twitter Click Here
Leave a Comment