This is a call for entries submission to artists and art collectives from eligible countries working across all art forms. Eligible artists are encouraged to apply. See more information below.
The Sudkulturfonds 100 Artists grant for early stage artists (CHF 1,000 grant)
The Sudkulturfonds has developed this grant to support 100 artists from eligible countries in the global south and east in the early stages of their careers. The grant of CHF 1,000 recognises artistic achievement and brings awarded artists to the attention of cultural promoters and presenters in Switzerland, despite travel restrictions.
The 100 Artists open call is a response to the pandemic-related travel restrictions. In turn, many events and opportunities for Swiss cultural promoters and presenters to identify and meet emerging artists from across the globe have disappeared. This call for entries is part of a longer-term strategy to initiate virtual relationships, build and support digital networks, and draw attention to the diverse artistic achievements in the global south and east despite limited mobility. The grant aims at strengthening the professional and financial livelihoods of eligible artists early in their professional journey and promote their presence within the Swiss cultural market.
- Professional artists and art collectives across all art disciplines who are both from and based in one of the eligible countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast and Southwest Asia and East Europe (Non-EU countries).
- Please consult the DAC List of ODA Recipients to check if the country where you live, and work, is listed.
- The 100 Artists open call specifically supports artists and art collectives who are in the early stage of their careers with 2-10 years of professional experience.
- This grant was developed for artists and art collectives who have yet to be substantially recognised within their field, the media, funding circles or the public at large.
- Artist profile video
- Video transcription in English
- 1-2 work samples
- Completed application form
- The amount of the 100 Artists grant is CHF 1,000. In addition, the recognition of the grant recipients will be promoted to our broad network of arts and cultural promoters and presenters, particularly in Switzerland.
Call for entries opens: April 1, 2022
Submission deadline: May 8, 2022 (23:59 UTC +2)
Grant recipients announced: July 4-8, 2022
For More Information:
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here