Quantity Surveyor at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)
Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
About the Job
- Execute the implementation on projects of the Management/Construction Information Systems utilized for the management of construction quantities, for the planning, progress recording, quality assessment, accounting of construction works, and collecting erected/installed quantities, in compliance with projects requirements and Company procedures.
- In case of activities on Mechanical Information Systems the mission includes coordination of the implementation of Spooling, Welding and Material Traceability Systems.
- The Quantity Surveyor supports the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the following tasks.
- Update the project bill of quantities in the form of a quantity record booklet according to passive invoicing procedures
- Update the project management database with actual data
- Supply/verify quantitative data for the preparation of extra works and day-works and support the Discipline Superintendent and management team for proper definition of any NP (New Price) and CWO (Change Work Order)
- Ensure the monitoring of daily man-hours/ equipment spent by site contractors or by direct hiring activities
- Monitor the actual quantities to assess both the active and the passive progress measurement according with the contracts in place
- Support the Construction Manager and management team (i.e., Discipline Superintendent, Contract Manager, Risk Manager, Project manager) for early detection of risks and opportunities related to the performance of the subcontractors (delay estimation, backup plan against subcontractor claims, etc.)
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the technical-administrative settling of claims presented by subcontractors and/ or to Client.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar / related / equivalent discipline
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- About 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in the energy/ construction industry.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Was this article helpful in your application process? Then subscribe to our website using your email for more notifications on available JOBS and OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here