VACANCY VACANCY VACANCY!!!
A Legal Advisor is currently needed at MTN Nigeria. Check for application requirements and see how you can apply below.
Advisor, Legal – COSEC at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Advisor, Legal – COSEC
Job Identification: 1310
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
Reports To: Company Secretary/Legal Adviser
- Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input/perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matters, provide recommendation on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MoMoPSB.
- Ensure continuous liaison with External Solicitors for regular updates, compliance with procedural rules of court, stipulated time limits for actions, etc. so as to minimize the cost and adverse effect of litigation.
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, structuring and negotiating commercial transactions.
- Settle legal issues between MoMoPSB and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
- Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, reviewing commercial agreements and documentations of transactions.
- Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring Legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
- Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MoMoPSB activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Law.
- Fluent in English
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian Legal framework.
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment is advantageous.
- Commercial/technical and or further legal qualification is advantageous.
- 3 – 7 Years’ experience including:
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Civil/commercial litigation experience.
- Experience in handling and negotiating funding.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022 at 23:59
Please subscribe to our website via email for more scholarships updates and general updates and opportunities. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024
Boustany Foundation Cambridge University MBA Scholarship 2022/2023
University of Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Scholarships 2022/2023
Digital Innovation for Development in Africa (DIDA) PhD Fellowships 2022
Harvard Global Health Institute LEAD Fellowship Program 2022/2023
University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship 2022/2023
DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarships 2023/2024
Eni-Oxford MBA Africa Scholarships 2022/2023 for Africans
Africa Talent Programme for PhD research at Wageningen University.
Mandela Rhodes Foundation Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
DAAD Leadership for Africa Master’s Scholarship Programme 2023/2024
Leave a Comment