This is for all those who purchased the JAMB 2019 form and are interested in scoring very high so as to get the admission into the school they desire.
Many persons may not do so well in JAMB not because they are not intelligent but because they have not been exposed to some certain key points.
The JAMB exam is a time based exam at an approved CBT center and as such to do well you must make full use of your time.
We will be exposing you to the summary of JAMB Sweet Sixteen Novel by Bolaji Abdullahi with the hope of ensuring that you score above 70 in the English aspect of your exams.
Did you search for any of the below questions
- Likely questions on sweet sixteen pdf?
- Sweet sixteen by bolaji abdullahi pdf
- Download sweet sixteen pdf
- Summary and questions on sweet sixteen novel
- Summary of the letter in sweet sixteen
- 2019 jamb use of English story summary
- Download sweet sixteen. A coming of age story by bolaji abdullahi
This article would answer them all. Carefully read through this post
The episodes or chapters in Sweet Sixteen Novel
- Episode or Chapter one “The Letter”
- Episode or Chapter two “The Drive”
- Episode or Chapter three “Work”
- Episode or Chapter four “The Gandhi Test”
- Episode or Chapter five “Dating”
- Episode or Chapter six “Stereotype”
- Episode or Chapter seven “Beauty”
Download SWEET SIXTEEN NOVEL AND SUMMARY PDF
Summary of Chapter One of Sweet Sixteen Novel
Aliya’s father is a journalist as well as a Public Relation Officer while her mother is a Nurse. Her father’s name is Mr. Bello. Aliya is particularly close to her dad.
Aliya turned 12 years when she was in JSS 1 and she attends a boarding school. Her father do send her Birthday card. She imagined having a brother like Akin. Akin is her classmate. He is very smart, un-serious and very funny. He read Mathematics topic “Mensuration” as “Menstruation”.
There are two blocks of 8 rooms in the hostel of Aliya’s school. Four (4) persons stay in one room.
Aliya has three (3) roommates, Grace and two (2) other junior students.
Tokunbo Alabi, popularly called Bobo bought a Teddy bear for Aliya on Feb, Valentine Day. He told Aliya that he liked her. Bobo relocated to Ireland with his parents.
Aliya’s father said that Chess game will make her think strategically. Black and white pieces in Chess game represent two armies ranged in battle.
Aliya has been asthmatic from childhood and the ventolin inhaler has been a constant presence in her life.
The 16 page letter title is Letter to my Daughter which each page explains every bit of Aliya’s life.
The Letter to my Daughter is n original book written by Maya Angelou.
Summary of Chapter Two of Sweet Sixteen Novel
Aliya wore a pair of blue jeans and a Chelsea Football Club (FC) jersey. The jersey was a gift from her dad when he returned from London. Aliya’s main issue is that she is not allowed to go out. Aliya’s nickname is First Lady.
A lorry pulled up beside Aliya father’s car at the traffic light has something written on it “No condition is permanent”
Aliya’s grandma is still alive but her grandfather had died long ago. Aliya calls her dad’s elder sister (her aunt) “Big Mummy”. Aliya’s father and his elder sister used to hawk their mother’s wares after school when they were younger.
Aliya’s grandma was a petty trader.
Aliya saw her first menstrual period a few days before the drive. The drive was made for them to have random discussions.
Mr. Bola laughed at Aliya when she said Mummy and Hostel Mistress taught her how to menstruate.
Auntie Molara is Aliya’s mother younger sister that is in the University. She comes around during the holidays.
Summary of Chapter Three of Sweet Sixteen Novel
Aliya’s dad mug is blue, her mother’s own is red while Aliya’s own is orange.
Aliya wanted to be a Pilot because of their smart uniforms and the freedom to travel around the world. What changed her mind from being a Pilot was the plane crash that killed so many people.
She decided to become a doctor after a serious attack of asthma and also to help children who suffered from asthma. She later decide to become a Lawyer after reading John Grisham’s books.
That third term, when she brought the result to show her dad, she got an A in Chemistry.
Sogo is Aliya’s classmate who his father wants him to be a Lawyer like himself but he did not want to. Sogo’s father is a Lawyer.
Imelda Marcus was the former first lady of Philippines, she owned more than 3000 pair of shoes. Mr. Bello compared her wife to Imelda Marcus.
The book Mr. Bello asked his daughter, Aliya to read was written by Kahlil Gibran and is titled “The Prophet”
Initially, Aliya taught the book is about Prophet Mohammed.
Summary of Chapter Four of Sweet Sixteen Novel
The Gandhi Test is gotten from the words of Mahatma Gandhi, an Indian who fights for the independence of his country from Great Britain.
The test is that “you can tell that what you are doing is good or bad if you want other people to know about it or not“. This statement explains how a person can make morally right decisions.
If a person is doing something and he wouldn’t mind if other people know about it then what the person is doing is right but if such person doesn’t want other people to know about what he is doing, then such action is most likely wrong.
However, this doesn’t apply to some people who Mr. Bello refers to as animals. This kind of people do not have a sense of shame as they do anything, whether right or wrong, without minding what others would think about them.
Summary of Chapter Five of Sweet Sixteen Novel
Aliya, now 16 years old, considers herself old enough to be in a relationship with a guy. She broaches the issue with her dad.
Her father gives her a step by step explanation about what having a boyfriend entails. He explains that what most young people have towards the opposite s3x is not love but infatuation which is often short-lived.
Also, matters of the heart is challenging even adults, thus young adults should thread softly when it comes to relationships because it may end up distracting them from their studies and also affect other areas of their lives. Aliya then reflects on the likeness she has for Bobo, how bad she feels when he leaves for Ireland and how horribly jealous she feels when she sees him with another girl.
This makes her understand all her father is talking about considering how a wrong relationship can derail a person’s life.
Aliya then tells her father about two students caught having s3x in school who are caught by the school security.
They are suspended indefinitely from school and Aliya explains how she feels embarrassed for the girl.
Summary of Chapter Six of Sweet Sixteen Novel
Boko Haram, the terrorist sect has just bombed a local market and the Bello family watches this news on the TV. Everyone expresses displeasure for the evil act of these terrorists and condemns them.
During this, Aliya asks her dad if it is true that all Muslims will go to hell, because Muslims do not believe in Jesus and they like to kill people.
Mr. Bello calmly answers his daughter by explaining that it is wrong to judge or criticize other people’s belief or faith because everyone is entitled to his or her faith. He also explains the beauty of the world because of the diversity in religion, people, religion, culture, tribe and colour. However, a set of ideas that people have about what someone or something is, especially an idea that is wrong, is known as stereotype.
Stereoscopic people are not usually bad persons but are victims of bad thinking and circumstances. Thus, they shouldn’t be condemned because of their attitude but, rather corrected.
Summary of Chapter Seven of Sweet Sixteen Novel
After listening to a story about a man who nursed his torturer back to health instead of leaving him to die, Aliya wonders how she can ever forgive those who have wronged her.
She talks to her dad about how she has been feeling ugly and not have enough self-esteem concerning her shape and physique after one of her teachers and another student, Bunmi who continuously call her FAT and picks on her. This is known as body shaming, as they make negative comments about her weight or size.
Her father condemns this act but explains to her how to develop enough self esteem such that people’s words don’t hurt her and nobody can hurt her without permission.
He teaches her that what she feels about herself is more important than how other people make her feel and she should have confidence in how she looks.
Moreover, beauty is neither fat or slim but however one looks is beautiful, one just has to be confident about it.
Jamb Sweet Sixteen (16) Questions And Answers by Bolaji Abdullahi PDF
- What is the main message of the story about the hunter?
Answer: Parents should pass across their wealth of knowledge to their children and the children should do the same when they grow up.
- In the Novel, Aliya is suffering from a health condition known as ___
- Bolaji Abdullahi’s “Sweet Sixteen” is written in?
Answer: First person narrative
- Although, many people thought Grace was a snob but Aliya thinks she was?
Answer: Nice and Generous
- The novel “Sweet Sixteen” is published by?
Answer: Masobe Books
- At what point did Aliya start to consider being a lawyer as a career?
Answer: When she found Grisham’s book at the library.
- In the novel, Aliya is assertive that whenever anyone wants her father’s full attention should?
Answer: Tell him a story
- According to the sweet sixteen novel, which of these society has “Fat-farms”, where girls were force-fed to fatten them up in the novel?
- The spinal bond document gift from Aliya’s father has on it, which of these bold inscriptions?
Answer: Letter to my Daughter
- According to the novel, which of these character is described as a clear gold medalist?
- What does HAK mean in the book?
Answer: Hugs and kisses.
- As a child, Aliya hated to be called a child but a
Answer: Young adult
- According to the Novel, K.P.C is a social media language that means
Answer: Keep the parent clueless
- Which of these is a constant presence in Aliya’s life?
Answer: Her Ventolin Inhaler
- Who is Mr. Bello’s favourite musician
Answer: Mr. Bello listened to Fela’s music and other songs too but his favourite musician is Ali Farka Toure which is from Mali
- Whenever Aliya’s mum stops being angry, she
Answer: sings around the house
- Apart from the Malian singer, who was Mr. Bello’s favourite, whose music does he like too?
Answer: Fela’s music
- Which of the gifts Aliya receives from her father had she requested for her 16th birthday?
Answer: The compact digital camera
- According to the novel, at what time was Aliya so sure that she wanted to be a pilot?
Answer: About entering senior class
- Due to Aliya’s health condition, she suggests donating which of these to the school clinic?
- Being generous, according to Mr. Bello means
Answer: going out of your way to make others happy
- Which of these stories was told by Aliya’s father to teach her kindness even to unkind people in the novel?
Answer: The slave and the slaver
- What Mr. Bello detest most are not saying your prayers on time and
Answer: Telling lies
- According to the novel, Aliya was in dire need for her mother to reveal a secret to her about her father. What is the secret?
Answer: The secret of making his tea
- In the novel, the Gandhi’s test is to teach Aliya that
Answer: Contentment is wealth
- “Beauty is nothing, but character is needed”. This sentence means
Answer: having a good character is the most beautiful thing
- Aliya’s father tries to teach Aliya chess because
Answer: it will make her think strategically
- Bolaji Abdullahi obtained B.Sc degree in mass communication from
Answer: University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- In the novel, if the chapter “stereotype” themed on religious issues, The chaper 1 “The Drive” is on?
- In the novel, who often jokes that she was surprised Aliya’s father didn’t name her “CHELSEA”?
Answer: Aliya’s mother
We would keep updating on more JAMB UPDATE, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you in your JAMB 2019 Exam.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to THIS website using your email for more JAMB updates. Subscription is free.