We are aware that many JAMB candidates have been searching for ways to download the 2019 JAMB Sweet Sixteen Novel and Summary PDF by Bolaji Abdullahi. It is a well-known fact that many persons prefer reading and learning new things with their mobile devices.
In line with this, we will be giving you all you need to succeed in the 2019 JAMB UTME exam. This article contains a summary of sweet sixteen novel, the pdf of sweet sixteen novel and also likely questions that would be set from the question.
We do hope that this article would help you perform excellently well in the forthcoming JAMB exam.
JAMB Sweet Sixteen Novel Summary
In Bolaji Abdullahi’s book, the protagonist of the Sweet Sixteen novel, 16-year-old Aliya, whom her father refers to adoringly as ‘My First Lady,’ asks her father many questions, some of which threw her journalist father off balance.
‘’Okay Daddy, what does HAK and KOTL mean?’’Aliya asked. And when the father expressed his ignorance of the acronyms, Aliya gleefully supplied them; ‘’HAK means ‘Hugs and Kisses’ while KOTL means ‘Kiss on the Lips’.
And when she added that some students were caught on the school’s basketball court at night having ‘’53X’ (s3x), Mr Bello almost fainted. ‘’But…how do you know all these?,’’ he asked almost in consternation, to which Aliya replied: ‘’Come on Daddy, everybody knows these things.”
Bolaji Abdullahi, in this fiction novel revealed unspeakable issues in the ever-challenging world of teenagers and young adults.
Sections of the Sweet Sixteen Novel
The Novel is divided into seven sections
- The Letter
- The Drive
- The Gandhi Test
The Sweet Sixteen’s central focus is a series of conversations between Mr Bello and his 16-year-old intelligent daughter on the ‘facts of life.’
The above notwithstanding, sociologists, educationists and policy-makers, as well as parents and guardians, are still divided on how much ‘sensitive’ information, especially on s3x education, should be divulged to teenagers.
Aliya made it known in Sweet Sixteen that most teenagers are already aware of what adults seem to be hiding from them.
Mr Bello, as expected of any good father, took responsibility for the education of his daughter, including the tricky but very important aspect of s3x education.
It is therefore a clear fact that Aliya is fortunate to have a father who does not leave her to struggle alone with the demons that usually torment teenagers and also the peer pressure.
How to Download JAMB Sweet Sixteen PDF by Bolaji Abdullahi 2019
You can download the likely questions and summary of the Novel on this page, carefully read through this post and ensure you get all you need here.
Novel Title: Sweet Sixteen
Novel Author: Bolaji Abdullahi
Novel Genre: Fiction
Novel Format: Paperback
Novel Dimension: 5.5X 8.5
Number of Pages in the Novel: 157
Publication Year of the Novel: February 1, 2017
Publisher: TND Press Limited
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FROM SWEET SIXTEEN NOVEL
- “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
ANSWER= To Akin because he pronounced mensuration as menstruation which made the whole class burst into laughter.
- According to sweet sixteen what is the main aim of chess game?
ANSWER= to capture opponents king.
- Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
ANSWER= the principal.
- Aliya’s religion was?
ANSWER= Islamic religion.
- Apart from Public relations job another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
ANSWER= Stand-up Comedy
- At primary school, Aliya’s father was working with a?
ANSWER=Public Relations Agency.
- At the birth of Aliya what was he father’s profession?
- At what age did Aliya get into secondary school?
- At What age did Aliya start wearing bra?
ANSWER= at the age of ten.
- In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medallist?
- Mention two incidences that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?
ANSWER= the duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly tokunbo travelling to Ireland.
- She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke who is this?
- The name of the writer of sweet sixteen is?
ANSWER= Bolaji Abdullahi.
- The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
ANSWER= Achievements not birthday.
- To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
- To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
ANSWER= Not being intelligent.
- To perform well in the terminal examination what did Aliya plan to do?
ANSWER= to improve her answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
- What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
ANSWER= “Well it’s a decision you have to make for yourself”.
- What are the definitions Mr. Bello give as the meaning of dumb girls?
ANSWER= A girl who needs to live up to people’s expectation
- What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
ANSWER= they are annoying.
- What is Aliya’s mother profession?
- What is Bobo’s real name?
- What is the name of Aliya’s father?
ANSWER= Mr. Bello
- What is the title of Aliyas 16th birthday letter?
ANSWER= ”Letter to my daughter”
- What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
ANSWER= the letter.
- What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
ANSWER= Dumb girls
- What name disgusted Aliya most?
ANSWER= you could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
- What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
- What statement does Aliya father make to end discussions during visiting days?
ANSWER= ”By the way do you still have your inhalers”
- What surprised Aliya about her 16th birthday letter?
ANSWER= She thought her dad copied Maya Angelou work with the title “letter to my daughter”, but was surprised to see her dad copied only the title and wrote the letter in his words.
- What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya 16th birthday?
ANSWER= Dressing her bed.
- What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
ANSWER= A portable digital Camera.
- What was Aliyas perception about her roommate Grace?
ANSWER= She was a nice and generous person.
- What was people’s perception about Grace?
ANSWER= People thought she was a snob because she did not like talking.
- What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
ANSWER= It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
- What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
ANSWER=”How time flies”
- What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
ANSWER= Miss Salako.
- What was the proof that Aliya was serious in her chemistry for the term?
ANSWER= It reflected in her continuous Assessment and she made an A at the end of the term.
- What was the title of Aliya’s 12th birthday letter?
ANSWER= Happy birthday my first lady, remember only God is greater than you.
- What was written on the teddy bears heart shaped embossment given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
ANSWER= I love you.
- Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
- Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
- Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s Day?
ANSWER= She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
We would keep updating on more JAMB NEWS, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you in your JAMB 2019 Exam.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.