Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024 (Study In Canada) – Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024 for postdoctoral study in Canada ($70,000 per year in funding) – How To Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Areas of Research for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Applicant Eligibility for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Citizenship and location of host institution
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
Value of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023/2024
The value of the fellowship is $70,000 per year (taxable).
Duration of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The duration of the fellowship is 2 years (non-renewable).
Timelines of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023/2024
|April to September 2023
|Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).
|September 20, 2023
|Deadline for complete application submission
|October to December 2023
|Evaluation of applications
|Anticipated notification of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.
|April to October 2024
Scope of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024
70 fellowships are awarded annually; approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
How To Apply For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024
Applications must be prepared and submitted by applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. This includes ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024
Closing Date for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Application
Next important date- Application submission deadline: 20 September 2023 (20:00 EDT)