You are on this page because you want to know more about relocating to Canada, how to get the Canada work permit visa and finally apply for the visa. We are glad to inform you, that this article contains the answers to all your questions relating to the visa application.
What you need to know about Canada
Canada is an awesome country you would love to visit an also reside in. Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. The economy of Canada is the tenth-largest in the world; this is as a result of its abundant natural resources and well-developed international trade networks.
Do you want to relocate/migrate to Canada? This contains all you need to know about relocating to Canada and how to apply for work permit in the country.
What is a work permit?
Work permit is an official document that gives a foreigner (Nigerian) the permission to take a job in any country, in this case Canada.
A work permit is also a document that is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work in any job with the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
When can I apply for a work permit in Canada?
You can apply for work permit when you want to relocate to Canada and you meet the basic requirements needed for you to get a job in the country. You must first get your work permit before you can apply for a job and visa to travel.
What are the requirements for Canada work permit?
The processes involved in applying for a work permit is not a difficult one. To apply for this important document you must meet the below required requirements.
- You must prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
- You must show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada
- You must obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (you may be requested to provide police clearance)
- You must not be a danger to Canada’s security,
- You must be in good health and have a medical exam
- You must not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the employment conditions.
- You must give the clearing officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
Where do you get a Canada work permit in Nigeria?
The application process for obtaining a Canada work permit is not difficult. All you need to do is fill out the application form, attach the fee, photos, and documents proving you’re eligible, and submit it to Canada Visa office in Nigeria. The Nigerian Canada visa office is located in Lagos, Nigeria.
What are the documents needed to apply for Canada work permit?
To apply for a Canada Work Permit from Nigeria, you need to meet certain requirements. Please ensure that the documents you submit must be written in English.
Documentation required to apply for a Work Visa in Canada are:
- A valid passport with a validity of more than 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport sized photographs
- Educational qualification certificates
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience
- Proof of having adequate financial resources to cover their expenses during their stay in Canada
- Medical examination required to be done from registered hospitals.
- Application fee
How much is the fee for work permit visa in Canada?
As seen above, the application fee is part of the necessary documents you must submit to get the permit.
This particular service cost about $250 to $500 (90,000 – 180,000 Naira). You may also be requested to pay some additional bills by the lawyer preparing your document, such as the costs of photocopies and mailing documents to the USCIS Service center. Ensure you know what the lawyer would charge you before you begin the process.
How long does it take to get a Canada work permit from Nigeria?
Usually it takes over 90 days (3 months) to process the work permit but due to the ever increasing backlog, it now takes around 150 days or more (over 5 months) for the USCIS to process your Canada work permit applications.
Sometimes it can take about 15 weeks to get your work permit. However, this processing time doesn’t include:
- the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
- the time you need to give your biometrics
How can I get a Canada work permit online?
You can apply for a Canada work permit from the comfort of your home with ease. The benefits of applying online are as follows
- Your application is submitted instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays.
- You can submit your documents online.
You may also like– Apply for Anzisha 2019 $100,000 Entrepreneurs Prize
We would keep updating on more visa opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the Canada Work Permit Visa 2019.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.