Are you an interdisciplinary artist who has an interest in civic journalism, digital advocacy, internet democracy and social justice? Are you based in Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam and want to add Augmented Reality (AR) to your current creative practice? Then this is a great opportunity for you to explore and add AR to your practice. Electric South, BlackRhino VR, Ona Stories and The Ford Foundation invite artists and technologists who are exploring issues around civic or social issues and digital storytelling to apply for the “Storytelling through AR Workshops.”
Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants for East Africans.
The “Storytelling through AR Workshops” will take place over the course of two days in three cities across East Africa.
In each city, ten to fifteen interdisciplinary artists will engage in discussions and exercises, familiarising themselves with some key AR tools in order to think creatively about how AR can serve artistic practice. All meals during the workshop will be provided by the organisers.
- $10 000 (USD) in micro-grants will be awarded to artists to develop their creative projects.
- Artists will retain ownership of all work developed at the workshop and/or with grant funds.
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
- Currently living in the city where the workshops take place (Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam)
- Accomplished in an artistic field. Any creative discipline is welcome
- Experience in a creative technology field is preferred but not required
The last day to submit is Tuesday, May 17, 2022. All successful applicants will be notified by Friday, May 27, 2022.
- Nairobi, Kenya on Wednesday, June 8 and Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Kampala, Uganda on Monday, June 13 and Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on Friday June 17 and Saturday June 18, 2022
For More Information:
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our