You are invited to apply for the Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship 2022 for Media Professionals. Information on eligibility and how to apply below.
Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship 2022 for Media Professionals for developing countries ($5,000 grant)
The Persephone Miel Fellowship is overseen by the Pulitzer Center and was launched in partnership with Internews, a media development nonprofit. The fellowship benefits journalists with limited access to other fellowships and those whose work is not routinely disseminated internationally.
- The Persephone Miel Fellowships are open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers, staff journalists, as well as freelancers and media professionals outside the U.S. and Western Europe who are seeking to report from their home country but would like to broaden the reach of their reporting by publishing it in international outlets. Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Selection will be based on the strength of the proposed topic and the strength of the applicant’s work as demonstrated in his or her work samples.
- The Persephone Miel Fellowship is looking for projects that explore systemic issues in the applicant’s native country and that provide an overarching thesis, rather than individual spot reports from the field.
- The Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting will provide a grant of $5,000 for a reporting project on topics and regions of global importance, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or underreported in the mainstream media. Specific grant terms are negotiated during the application process based on the scope of proposed work and intended outcomes.
- Payment of the first half of the grant is disbursed at the beginning of the project, upon receipt of required materials, and the second half on submission of the principal work for publication/broadcast.
Application Deadline: April 24, 2022.
For More Information:
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our