British High Commission (BHC) recruitment for Entry Clearance Assistant
This is to inform you that the British High Commission is recruiting for the position of an Entry Clearance Assistant. See if you qualify to apply and also see how to apply below.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability and we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law and we promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant
Job ID: 10/22 LOS
Grade: A1 (L)
Start Date: 4 May 2022
Duration of Post: 6 months
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 37 hours
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Job Subcategory: UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- Dispatch decisions according to manifests sent from the UK decision-making teams, whilst assuring security and integrity according to UKVI policy and guidance
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according to guidance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Process the printing of documents for cases sent by the UKVI Decision Making Centres (DMCs)
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according to guidance and security procedures
- Receive, record and follow through to resolve all overturned cases, and manage the Keep My Passport service by commenting on databases and liaising with our commercial partner in line with agreed procedures
- Manage the dispatch process and resolve any complaints or service failures to the VAC, and escalate ongoing problems to a Team Leader
- Manage logistics for UKVI staff and guests: arrange hotel booking, flights and transport arrangements for official travel in and out of Lagos
- Perform other ad-hoc duties at special request to support British Deputy High Commission and UKVI business delivery
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent standard of IT
- Proficient in English
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Visa Section or official Government office
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- 07:30 -13.30hrs and 07:30 -12:30 on Fridays
- Some flexibility in working hours and patterns may be possible.
NGN 317,764.81 / Month.
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Due to the temporary nature of the role, there are limited learning and development opportunities available to the successful applicant.
- An analysis of training needs will be discussed between the successful candidate and line manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Application Deadline 30th March, 2022.
Was this article helpful in your application process? Then subscribe to our website using your email for more notifications on available JOBS and OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here