Mail Room Clerk at the U.S. Consulate General- The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
Mail Room Clerk at the U.S. Consulate General 2022/2023
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mail Room Clerk – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-028
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 0130 4
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-4
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent process unclassified mail and pouches and is responsible for assistance in all mailroom functions.
- The incumbent sorts and distributes mail, processes incoming diplomatic pouches, and prepares diplomatic pouches for dispatch.
- Incumbent must transport, receive, deliver, load/unload, identify and verify all incoming / outgoing mail and unclassified diplomatic pouches for accountability.
- Maintain all required paperwork, physically move materials as required utilizing dollies, hand trucks and other similar materials handling equipment.
- Ensure all security standards are met for proper storage and handling of mail and pouch materials.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE- FirstRand Youth Development Graduate Program 2022/2023
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School / High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year administrative work experience in an office setting or customer services oriented environment is required.
- Knowledge of mail and pouch, local mail, and international courier services mail regulations and procedures is required.
- This may be tested. Applicants MUST address ALL language proficiency requirements to be considered.
- Good working knowledge Speaking / Reading / Writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications is required.
- The ability to operate mail production equipment, as well as ability to lift up to 70 pounds (31 kilos) is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN3,241,313 (USD $27,782) Annually.
How to Apply for U.S. Consulate General
All interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and / or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate.
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria
Application Deadline 21st March, 2022.
We would keep updating on more local and international JOB opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free.
We hope this article helped you successfully apply for this Recruitment.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our