This is great news for Nigerians who wish to live and work in the United States of America. We will like to notify you that the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy Abuja are currently receiving applications from qualified persons who are willing to teach Hausa or Yoruba languages and cultures to American students in U.S. universities and colleges.
About the Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education.
The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture.
FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
General Qualifications and Requirements
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
- Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicants must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
- Lonadek Inc Graduate Front Desk Officer Recruitment 2019
- AYEEN 2019 Empowerment Program for young Nigerian entrepreneurs
- Shell livewire Program for young entrepreneurs- Apply
- Heritage Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Program 2019- Apply
- Ecobank Entry Level Recruitment 2019- Apply
- United Nations Women Recruitment 2019- Apply
How to Apply for the job
The application portal can be accessed at: http://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta.
Do you need more information, please visit the American Embassy Website
For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;
Closing Date for Application
April 30, 2019
We would keep updating on more job opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the opportunity to live and work in US 2019.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also join us on Facebook Click Here and Twitter Click Here for faster updates.
Leave a Comment