UN Women Nigeria seeks to engage a young, dynamic graduate to serve as an intern within its Communications team. The internship will initially be issued for a period of three months and, subject to good performance, may be extended for a further three months. The purpose of the internship is to give students the opportunity to have a first-hand experience for them to build their capacity as part of their studies and to also contribute to the work of UN Women.
About the UN Women Internship 2019
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Job Description for the United Nations (UN) Women Internship
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Associate, the Communications intern will have the opportunity to learn how to provide communications support that ensures high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Job Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Languages Required: English
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communications Associate, the intern will, the following tasks:
- Provide support to collect information, write and disseminate content (UN Women social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist in the production of communication materials that showcase the added value and thought leadership of UN Women Nigeria
- Assist the communications team: in the organization of key outreach events like International Women’s Day, and other project events and opportunities
- Support in dissemination of information and publications;
- Participate in meetings and perform other communications/advocacy support tasks as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern should be pursuing academic studies in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Development Studies or other similar subject at post graduate level.
- Be enrolled in a post graduate school programme (second university degree, or equivalent, or higher)
- An excellent communication skill (written and oral) in English is required.
- No work experience is required
How to Apply for the UN Women Internship 2019
Closing Date for Application
Application portal closes on the 4th of March, 2019
We would keep updating on more recruitment opportunities, ensure you subscribe to this website for direct updates. Subscription is free
We hope this article helped you apply successfully for the UN Women Internship 2019.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.