The United States Embassy, Nigeria seeks to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria to join the EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP).
US Embassy EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) 2022 for young Nigerians
Opportunity Funds Program Scholars must attend all group sessions held at the location to which they applied: Lagos or Abuja. Advisers will need to spend time with each scholar so as to provide the best guidance for them. This will take place from the time of selection in July of the year you apply until at least December of that year. However, meetings will continue to take place until you receive a fully funded admission and leave for the U.S. in August of the following year.
Responsibility for Scholars
- All OFP Scholars must commit their time and energy towards applying to institutions that can offer a full scholarship.
- They must put in what we call “sweat equity.” They must also be willing to mentor the next cohort of scholars and demonstrate an ethos of giving back.
Opportunity Funds Program Scholars are issued F-1 Student visas.
- Strong academic record for undergraduate applicants (7A1s in 2022 or 2021 WAEC)
- Graduate applicants must have First Class or 2.1(STEM major preferred)
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
You can Check-WARA/Mastercard Foundation Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships 2022
- SS1 & 2 end-of year report (word or PDF files only)
- Mock WAEC result or WAEC result (word or PDF files only)
- Other supporting documentation(word or PDF files only)
- Copy of your university transcript-if available (PDF files only)
- Copy of Statement of Result/Degree (PDF files)
- Submit a detailed Academic Curriculum Vitae(PDF files only)
- Scanned copy of any supplementary certificates of achievement(PDF files only)
- Copy of GRE result (Recommended for Engineering students) PDF files only
- Opportunity Funds Program Scholars do not receive a scholarship from EducationUSA to study in the U.S.
- The scholar must work hard to apply to U.S. institutions that can provide full funding for them.
- The OFP will cover the upfront costs of applying to U.S. institutions.
- OFP will cover the cost of taking standardized tests, application fees (limited amount), international passport, a flight ticket to the U.S, visa and SEVIS fees, and if available, a settling-in allowance.
- In extenuating circumstances and funds permitting, OFP may cover the cost of a credential evaluation, mailing transcripts and I-20 forms or additional score reports, internet data (if we are operating virtually).
Also Check-Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship Programme 2023
- Apply Online – Opens April 1 and closes April 30
- Interview – Shortlisted candidates are interviewed June/July
- Program Starts – The program takes 9-12 months, August-August Next Year
- Step to U.S Study – Take Exams, Get transcripts and recommendations
- Departure to U.S. – Apply for student Visa and departure to U.S. June – August (Next Year)
How to Apply
Click Here OpportunityFundNgeria to apply.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2022
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the US Embassy EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) 2022
If you found this article helpful, you can subscribe to our website using your email for more scholarship updates. Subscription is free.
Follow us on our social media pages for more.
NLNG United Kingdom Post-graduate Scholarship Award 2022
CICOPS Scholarships 2023 for Researchers from Developing Countries
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2022/2023
AIDS 2022 Young Leaders Programme for young activists/researchers
The African Cultural Fund (ACF) Academy 2022 for young visual artists
Leave a Comment