EMERGING Valley, with the support of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) and the French Development Agency (AFD), launched the EMERGING Mediterranean program and applications are currently ongoing.
StartupBRICS EMERGING Mediterranean Program 2022 for MENA Entrepreneurs
EMERGING Mediterranean is an acceleration program for entrepreneurs with high social and environmental impactsfrom the southern shore of the Mediterranean -Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya- committed to e-health, mobility, agritech, environment, edtech, social and solidarity economy or female entrepreneurship. EMERGING Mediterranean is a comprehensive program, which combines financial support, educational support, networking and visibility, and whose advantages for entrepreneurs are numerous:
- customized and personalized mentoring,
- fundraising support,
- preparation for scale-up,
- accelerating social and inclusive innovation,
- exchanges between peers,
Initiated by Samir ABDELKRIM (Qualified Personality for France, member of the “Assembly of 100”), EMERGING Mediterranean is an initiative labeled Summit of the Two Shores. This diplomatic meeting organized in June 2019 brought together the 5+5 countries (northern and southern shores of the Mediterranean) with the aim of identifying emerging civil society projects that strengthen multilateral Mediterranean partnerships.
The submission of applications to participate in the Program is free of charge and open to any project leader with the following characteristics:
- be of legal age (+ 18 years);
- have a company that has been in existence for more than 18 months and is domiciled in one of the five (5) countries covered by the EMERGING Mediterranean Program (Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia);
- Have a project related to one of the themes below-mentionned:
- Social and Solidarity Economy
- master the French or English language and agree to express themselves in one of these two languages during the various events planned by the Program;
- not be an EMERGING Mediterranean Laureate from previous editions.
Thirty startups will be selected after a call for applications and will participate in a 72h-hybrid-Bootcamp organized from a country of the Southern Shore where intensive training and personalized coaching will be offered.
This package is composed of:
- A grant of 5000 euros,
- Personalized technical support through individual mentoring sessions
- An important visibility push and media support,
- Integration into the Social & Inclusive Business Camp acceleration program (3 months of pedagogical support by experts in the sector, ending with a Bootcamp in Marseille and a speed-pitching day in front of a panel of investors,
- Transportation and accommodation for the annual EMERGING Valley Summit in Marseille,
- Full-pass to the EMERGING Valley Summit where the laureates’ projects will be highlighted
For More Information:
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here