OceanHub Africa is launching the second cohort of its six-month online acceleration program and are inviting applicants who are elighible to apply. See more infoormation below.
OceanHub Africa Online Acceleration Program 2022 for impact-for-profit startups.
The accelerator is on a mission to support ocean-minded start-ups with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as the overexploitation and pollution of the oceans. Leveraging its highly qualified network of stakeholders and facilitators, it will deliver to the accelerated start-ups a program that seeks out sustainable pathways yielding stable profits (ROIs) and avenues for scalable growth throughout Africa.
Becoming part of OceanHub Africa portfolio will allow you to:
Unlock a network of leading ocean experts, mentors (entrepreneurs, investors, innovation experts, impact experts, scientists, lawyers, etc.), impact investors and potential clients.
- Get support to fast-track your growth by acquiring new customers or running your first Proof of Concept, and scaling your business through commercial contracts and fund raises.
- Engage with like-minded entrepreneurs within the Blue Economy space in Africa and abroad.
- Your start-up is ocean-minded: it has a direct or indirect positive impact on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution or overexploitation of the ocean) and promotes ocean equity
- You are a for-profit and operate in Africa
- You have a scalable service or product available on the market or soon to be available on the market
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is disruptive
- You are looking for investments or new markets
- Up to $75k worth of cloud services thanks to our partner AWS Activate
- Free access to IoT prototyping thanks to our partner Macrocomm
- Over $40k worth of mechanical engineering design software licences and support for prototyping and virtual testing, thanks to our partner 3DExperience Lab
- Access to Dassault Systèmes, Amazon Web Services and international marketplaces and/or salesforce for finished products of accelerated startups
- Advisory sessions with: Cullinan & Associates (international environmental law firm), Cape AI on machine learning and AI implementation, Macrocomm on data management and implementation of IoT, SWEN Blue Oceans Partners (ocean impact Venture Capitalist fund), Ocean14 Capital (ocean impact Private Equity fund), WWF – South Africa, Dept of Oceanography University of Cape Town, EuroSIMA (oceantech experts) and more!
Mentorship & Support
- Participation to an in-person training bootcamp in Cape Town
- Tailored business skills and personal development 1-to-1 coaching
- Sales, Product Development, Communication and Business Development Support
- Access to our network of scientific, business, impact and investment experts from international corporations, foundations, universities and IGOs.
Network Access to;
- Networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit
- Potential clients (market leads) for local and international expansion
- International network of ocean-impact incubators/accelerators to scale overseas
- Key external partners
- Potential funding of up to 10k USD from OceanHub Africa
- Support in preparing and running investor pitches, including training sessions with partner investors directly
- Support in structuring deals, including reviews by transactional and commercial lawyers
- Access to a large portfolio of impact investors part of our ecosystems (inc. SWEN Blue Oceans, Ocean14 Capital, Finca Ventures, Conservation International Ventures, Builders Vision, AquaSpark, Athelia …) as well as corporate venture capitalist funds
How to apply
- 4 April – 22 May: Application period
- 23-27 May: Screening of the applications
- 27 May: Announcement of short-listed start-ups
- 31 May – 7 June: Pitch training
- 15 June: Pitching session in front of the final selection committee
- 20 June: Final selection and announcement to Selection Committee.
- 13 July: Public Announcement of start-ups selected
- 18 – 22 July: Program starts with first one-on-ones
- 7-13 August: In-person Bootcamp in Cape Town
- February: Graduation and Demo Day at Ocean Innovation Africa Summit (date to be confirmed).
For More Information:
Was this article helpful in your application process? If yes, the subscribe to our website via email. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here