Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans over16 countries across the African continent.
Credit Evaluation Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. To help drive their success into the future, Stanbic IBTC Bank is looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
They are recruiting to fill the position of Credit Evaluation Manager.
Job Title: Credit Evaluation Manager
Job ID: 61795
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To provide effective value adding risk management to assist Business Banking Teams in the Business Banking space in achieving their asset growth targets, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through effective underwriting, evaluation and approval of credit applications.
- The delivery of a professional service to all business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles, whilst adhering to the Bank’s group credit risk standards, maintaining credit independence and managing risk reward balance
Evaluation and Approval of Applications:
- Evaluate accurately credit proposals to ensure they meet sound business criteria and credit risk fall within acceptable parameters within approved turnaround times.
- Build relationship with Relationship Managers/Business Bankers and collaborate to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Process credit applications and ensure timely and quality credit assessments and decisions are made.
- Monitor the risk grading of all Business Banking customers using BBRS
- Ensures that timely and quality credit delivery and decisions are made within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within the in the Business Banking space.
- Review of relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions or conditions of lending.
Governance, Risk and Compliance:
- Ensures compliance with country adopted standards, policies, mandates and procedures governing activities within the credit space
- Actively participates in Credit Risk Management Committee meetings and watch list committee meetings and provides meaningful input into risk appetite discussions, portfolio management and collections strategies as well as detecting and evaluating shifts or changes in key risk parameters and the effects of such changes on portfolios and relationships.
- Effective management of the zonal portfolio to deliver the desired result along asset growth, risk, delinquency and cost containment.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting is completed accurately, on time and that appropriate value adding insights into the portfolio are provided so that both internal and external users of information have a deep and appropriate insight into the quality of the portfolio and the appropriateness of the processes
- Ensure there are effective controls in place to rectify any identified gaps/risks in the portfolio
Credit Committee Secretariat Management:
- Prepare minutes of Credit Committee meetings within 48hours of every meeting
- Ensure all approved facilities are sanctioned in line with the terms of approval of the committee
- Effective monitoring of all credit committee action plans; timely reporting and escalation of all breaches
Requirement for the application for the position Credit Evaluation Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting or General Social Science.
- Professional Qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, CIBN, FRM etc would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Risk Management, out of which five years must be in a credit related role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our website using your email for more JOB TIPS/AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our