Shell Recruitment 2023: Field Technician (Mechanical, PACO, Electrical and Control Room) – There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Shell Recruitment 2023: Field Technician (Mechanical, PACO, Electrical and Control Room)
Job Family Group: Maintenance, Reliability and Turnarounds, Production and Manufacturing Downstream
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level:Early Careers
Shell is looking for the following roles:
- Field Technician (Mechanical)
- Field Technician (Process Automation, Control and Optimization)
- Field Technician (Electrical)
- Control Room Operator
What’s the role?
The Field Technician mobilize and control the day-to-day instrument maintenance activities in the Production Directorate with the available resources and continuing financial constraint in a safe and efficient manner with due regards to the protection of the environment and host communities. Ensure that plant integrity is not compromised while meeting planned hydrocarbon production targets.
As part of a multi-skilled Production team this role delivers hands-on execution of PM & CM maintenance activities and the facilitation of plant and equipment isolation/reinstatement as required
Reduce maintenance cost whilst ensuring that SPDC Quality standards are not compromised.Carry out troubleshooting and repair of control equipment in Production Asset and be knowledgeable on electronic control systems for monitoring and controlling.
Organise logistic resources and ensure that adequate men, materials at the time specified to execute the required activities. To ensure that all hazards associated with activities are identified prior to work execution and with due regard for company safety procedures and HSE-MS requirements.To seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job and giving other members of the team opportunity to perform.
- Control maintenance activities and plans. Continuously improve performance as well as promote a healthy environment in line with legislation. Maintain and foster good relations with host communities.
- Ensure all non-routine and potentially hazardous routine jobs are carried out under the Permit To Work System with associated Complementary Certificates with particular reference to concurrent operations and ensure that classification drawings, instrument loop drawings and general safety rules are being adhered to at all times. Also ensure availability of Integrated Operations Standards on site.
- Carry out regular Unsafe Act/Condition Audits to quickly identify hazards in the facility with corrective actions to re-instate facility integrity to sustain safety, protect the environment and meet hydrocarbon production at targets. Ensure all Unsafe Act/Condition audits recorded, filed and corrective action promptly initiated and carried out.
- Monitor and control daily maintenance activities and minimize waste generated at the instrument section of the Workshop with the view of continuously reducing them. Feedback results to sectional staff in order to evaluate performance against set targets.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: NDEP Graduate Trainee Program Application Portal 2023/2024
Qualifications and Requirements for Shell Job
- At least 5 yrs of relevant experience
- To meet the requirement of the job, the person must have in-depth electrical process, Instrumentation and control, knowledge in oil and gas production equipment and their maintenance. The candidate must have a OND or equivalent qualification.
- As part of a multi-skilled Production team this role delivers hands-on execution of PM & CM maintenance activities and the facilitation of plant and equipment isolation/reinstatement as required.
- Will work with and support other Technicians to deliver efficient work execution.
- Carry out Emergency response duties under the instruction of the Emergency team leader as part of the Emergency Response Team as assigned in location of work.
- Strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail and a proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Technicians should be able to competently, maintain and optimise plant and equipment in a challenging environment.
- Use experience and initiative to identify and safely resolve problems, improving performance and efficiency within the Asset.
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on their own and as part of a team.
Field Technician (Mechanical)
- Strong respect to Mechanical/Rotating Equipment
- Must have a Science background
- Experience in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
Field Technician (Process Automation, Control and Optimization – PACO)
- Must have Control Automation skills
Control Room Technician
- Must have an experience in Plant Operation Processes in any industry
How to Apply for Field Technicians at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
All interested and qualified persons should click on APPLY NOW