The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) is accepting applications for a fully funded PhD scholarship for scholars from Mozambique and Senegal. Check to see if you fit the eligibility criteria and see how to apply below.
RSIF PhD Scholarships Call for Mozambique and Senegal Nationals (Fully Funded)
RSIF aims to train quality PhD students and post-doctoral researchers to address the human resource gap of highly qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) and to contribute to improving research and innovation capacities in those fields in SSA. RISF also supports the strengthening of research and innovation ecosystems at selected African Host Universities (AHU) by providing funding through competitive grants. The RSIF supports training, research and innovation in five Priority Thematic Areas: (1) ICT including big data and artificial intelligence, (2) Food security and agri-business, (3) Minerals, mining and materials engineering, (4) Energy including renewables and (5) Climate change.
To be eligible for the RSIF PhD Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Mozambique or Senegal.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD (see links to the AHU PhD programs below; or go to the RSIF website .
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Should not be holding another PhD scholarship, or currently be enrolled in any PhD Program when applying to the RSIF PhD scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research placement at an international partner institute.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
Check-Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023 for young Africans (Fully Funded)
- RSIF PhD Scholarships are open to Mozambique and Senegal candidates interested in receiving international-quality PhD training.
- Applicants apply for a scholarship to conduct PhD research in a PASET Priority Thematic Area.
- Applicants apply to the icipe online portal indicating their preference for a PhD program at approved AHUs (a current list of RSIF AHUs and PhD programs is available here).
- The AHU and RSIF selection panels will review applications and make recommendation to the PASET EB for scholarship awards.
- On award of RSIF Scholarships, awardees must immediately complete registration to the selected RSIF AHU.
The duration of the PhD Scholarship is 3 to 4 years, including 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ training placement at an international partner university, research institute or private company. The RSIF scholarships will be awarded in June 2022, with more priorities given to women and existing young faculty without PhDs.
See also-Mandela Rhodes Foundation Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
- The RSIF PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs.
- The RSIF PhD scholars will support 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- RSIF PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- RSIF PhD scholars will have access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
Applications are accepted only through icipe’s online application platform.
Deadline for submission of applications: 31 March 2022 at 5:00 pm (East Africa Time; UTC+3)
Please address any questions to: The Manager, Regional Coordination Unit (RCU), icipe firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the RSIF PhD Scholarships
If you found this article helpful, please subscribe to our website using your email for more UPDATES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our
The Center for International Private Enterprise Youth Leadership Program 2022 ($2,500 USD
Safaricom Internship Program 2022/2023 for young Kenyans
Bridges for Enterprise’s Incubation Program 2022 for social enterprises
Leave a Comment