Mechanical Technician at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
About the Role
- The Mechanical Technicians is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development. They will report directly to the Site Electrical Services Manager.
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition supervising sheets, etc.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Focus on Planned and Corrective maintenance. Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Lead spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- OND / Trade Test Certification or any nationally recognised technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in High Voltage operations, Generator maintenance, motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Validated skills and experience in Pump and valve maintenance, Bottling principles and processes and ability to read and interpret P& ID, mechanical drawings
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Was this article helpful in your application process? Then subscribe to our website using your email for more notifications on available JOBS and OPPORTUNITIES. Subscription is free.
You can also find us on our Facebook Page-Click Here